Maybe I need some help

Well it's been about a week since Julie started staying with us for some extra help and I've managed to avoid Mals question for an entire week which is a plus. However I've started my physical therapy and since I'm allowed to kinda walk now I refuse any sort of help. I just hate asking for help, for example with both my shoulder surgeries in the past I wouldn't let a single person help me and did everything one handed.

I'll admit I have bonded with Julie over the last week and I'll occasionally steal glances at her when she's doing simple things but I've noticed she does the same to me. I will admit I do feel some chemistry but I know better than to try dating in my line of work. We stay up late every night watching murder mystery shows but I always solve the case within the first 15 minutes I never share the answer so Julie can be surprised and not get so suspicious.

After watching like 15 episodes straight with Mal passing out in the reclining chair and Julie falling asleep on my shoulder on the couch I think it's time I wake them up and we all head to bed. Julie has been sharing a room with Mal, we got a second bed to put in Mals room it's a little tight but it works for a short term thing. I admire Julie peacefully sleeping until I shake her a little bit and wake her up saying we should go to bed. I decide to shower before getting in bed and hoping it's easier than it's been the last couple times.

I'm able to successfully shower without hurting myself and decide to head to the kitchen for some ice cream before bed, I've been through a lot lately I think I deserve it. I throw on a sports bra and my boxers then head to the kitchen. However scooping ice cream seems to be harder than you would think with a swollen hand and a leg you can't put full pressure on. I end up dropping the ice cream scoop and knocking my bowl off the counter. Luckily nothing breaks but it does make a fairly loud noise I hope it didn't wake them up but I also need to figure out how to clean up this ice cream before Nico starts eating it. Just before I attempt to start cleaning up my mess I hear someone come out of Mals room and see Julie coming towards me half awake. I attempt to bend over to clean it up but I have some slight pain and a head rush from this stupid concussion I end up coming back up without cleaning anything and lean against the counter.

JULIE POV

I'm suddenly woken up by a loud noise and notice Mal didn't wake up to it so I figure it's Ashley doing something and I'll head out there to see if she needs any help. When I get out there I notice she spilled something so I head over towards her but before I can offer anything she's already bending over trying to clean it up. She quickly comes back up and seems in pain but I'm distracted by her chiseled body, perfect abs and insanely toned arms and legs she looks more in shape than anybody I play soccer with. I also noticed a good amount of scars on her body, surgery scars maybe on both shoulders, a big scar on the lower part of her stomach, and that weird wound that was bleeding when I ran into her the first time. I quickly snap myself out of my thoughts hoping she didn't notice me check her out.

"You know Ashley, you could ask for help instead of trying to do everything yourself." She smirks at me making me think shit maybe she did see me checking her out. "And you know Julie it's not nice to stare....however I don't need help I'm sure I can do this myself." I feel myself blush when I realize she did notice me staring. She once again attempts to bend over to clean up the mess but just ends up making a bigger mess and breaking the bowl in the process. She looks up defeated and let's out a loud sigh. "Alright maybe I do need help."

I laugh then proceed to help her. I brush all the glass into a dustpan and throw it away then I get a wet rag and wipe up the ice cream. Without her asking I just go ahead and grab another bowl and fill it with ice cream I also grab a little bit for myself then I take it over to her sitting at the table. She thanks me for the help and ice cream and explains she just doesn't like asking for help because she feels helpless for it. When we're done eating I grab our bowls and take them to the sink and wash them.