Operation Big Wave

Brody's POV

"Eggman said when the plan is completed, we'll all be wiped out" Tails said "I don't like the sound of that. Normally I'd just laugh at an Eggman plan, but he's already conquered most of the world, so....what's this plan of his?" Knuckles asks "Hey, I hate to butt in on your important meeting, but we're under attack! Shadow and Bolt are tearing through our troops! We need reinforcements!" Vector said "Shadow and Bolt....The last time Brody and I saw them they were fighting for Eggman" Sonic said "But that doesn't make any sense. Why would Shadow and Bolt work with Eggman willingly" Blitz said "Something is off about this situation. Sonic and I will figure this out" I said "Yeah let's go!" Sonic said and I hold his hand as we run to the city.

As we went through Sunset City we eventually found Shadow and Bolt "Shadow! Bolt! What's going on with you two?" Sonic asks and Shadow and Bolt just run at as about to attack when from the distance we heard "Chaos Control!" Shadow said and in a second we see another Bolt and Shadow kick the Shadow and Bolt about to attack us and they vanished and we looked at the Shadow and Bolt that just arrived "Another Shadow and Bolt?" Sonic asks "Those were fakes" Shadow said "Mere copies" Bolt said the two looking at us "Fakes? But how?" I asked confused.

"Infinite can create virtual reality projections. They have mass and form but no heart and soul" Shadow said "A virtual reality? So then that means all those part of Eggman's army were..." I said "Mere replicas. The problem is, they may not be the real ones but their powers are as formidable as the originals" Bolt said "Metal Brody and Rouge recently discovered that, Infinite can create unlimited numbers of them" Shadow said "So even if we defeat some of the clones, he can just make new counterfeits?" I asked "Exactly. As it stands there's no way we can win this" Bolt said "Of course we can win this! We always do! We just haven't figured that part out yet" Sonic said.

*At the same time near Metropolis*

Gadget's POV

"Listen up! We just got word that Eggman's forces are undermanned at his headquarters in Metropolis!" Knuckles said "They're probably staging somewhere else as part of Eggman's plan. This could be our only chance to take the city" Espio said "Exactly! That's why we're focusing on a full frontal assault on Metropolis!" Knuckles said "I'n calling it Operation Big Wave!" He said "Who cares what it's called? What's important is to have a well thought out strategy" Silver said "I thought up this strategy in about a minute and a half. We're going in hard and fast and we're not going to stop till Eggman's army's destroyed" Knuckles said "This....is gonna be interesting either way" Blitz said with an unsure expression "Sonic and Brody are fighting Shadow and Bolt, but the rest of us can do this! We've got the strenght and the spirit to win. There's a no finer group that I'd want to fight with" Knuckles said "Ha! Great speech! Let's give Eggman an old-fashioned beat down!" Vector said "They have more in sheer numbers, so the idea of a quick focused attack isn't bad" Tails said "We also have Sonic and Brody--I mean the other Sonic and Brody--so I have no doubt we can do this!" He said "Also if we can destroy the phantom ruby we should be able to send the other Sonic and Brody home! At least I hope so....this is all new territory for me..." he said "Okay let's head straight for Eggman's HQ! Time to save the world, people!" Knuckles said and we head to Metropolis.

*Later*

Well...things didn't go smoothly, all it took was Infinite with the phantom ruby and the whole operation went south, thankfully everyone manage to evacute and I was on my way back to the base but just my luck I run into Infinite "More ants to crush. I wonder if this world can offer me a real challenge" Infinite said and sawme "And as if to answer the world sends me a trembling child" he said and teleports right infront of me scaring me "Are you going to fight and die here? Or run away in fear?" Infinite asks as I step back trembling scared 'Hey don't be scared! This is your moment to shine!' I could hear Sonic in my thoughts 'Keep going. Don't let ypur fear own you! Show how strong you are!' I heard Brody in my thoughts and I took a deep breath and frown at Infinite "I'm going to fight and defeat you Infinite!" I said "Fine. I will teach you fear, then pain, and then....well, at least the fear and pain will end" Infinite said and I got ready to fight him.

I....was holding on my own and he was struggling too....maybe I can beat him "I remember you" Infinite said while I grab the gemstone I found in Mystic jungle hiding it "You ran away from me before. You survived then, but you throw it all away now. Curious" he said making illusion cannons "This will be goodbye" he said making the cannons shoot at me and I close my eyes waiting for an impact....that never happened, I opened my eyes and saw the cannon balls go through me "What?! How is this possible? It can't be....How did you?" Infinite asks and fires again and I jump up but Infinite pushes me away knocking me down on the floor "No natter. They only have only two days left" Infinite said "Let them contenplatw the inevitable until I end this once and for all" he said flying away and I had no choice so I head back to the base.

I don't understand how did his attack go through me but for now I just needto go back and see what's the resistance's next move.