The Heart of Fairy Tail

Start from the beginning

  Mira, who was watching the scene, lift her eyebrow as the gears in her brain started to work out a plan. Hearts formed in her eyes as her head filled with the thought of matchmaking her two, troubled friends. She approached both blondes that were still staring at each other.

  'Laxus,' she called, making both blondes turned their heads towards her. 

'Can you take Lucy home, please? Just for tonight. I got to work double shift because Kinana couldn't come today.' Mira pleaded with her infamous puppy eyes. She knew Laxus enough that puppy eyes would work well.

  Laxus sighed, bringing his attention back to the blonde in his arms, the supposedly heart of fairy tail. What was she doing here? Where were flame brain and the ice pick? Lucy smiled drunkenly and laid her head to the side—probably the effect of alcohol, making her swayed. One thing Laxus could distinguish from her was that she reeks alcohol. A lot of alcohol. She usually smelled sweet, like strawberry or fresh mountain on occasions, but it wasn't like he paid attention to her or anything. It was just a little surprising seeing the princess stayed up late drinking. Well, it wasn't his business anyway.

  Laxus shifted his hold from her arms to her waist, making Lucy swayed to the front, landing her head into his chest. He looked at Mira who was watching him expectantly with that puppy eyes of her. He huffed defeated.

  'Fine.' He sighed, 'Where's her apartment?' He asked to which Mira gave the precise location. Laxus shifted his eyes to the blonde leaning in his chest, he tapped her shoulder gently.

  'Hey, princess, can you walk, or do I have to carry you?' He asked, his hands on her shoulder, slightly pushed her so that he could look at her.

  Lucy hiccupped and frowned, shrugging off Laxus' hands from her shoulders to which made her swayed a little bit,

   'I could take care of myself,' she slurred in between hiccups, crossing her arms in deviant and started walking—no, swaying towards the door. She was about to trip when Laxus' once again held her from falling. With one frustrated sighed, Laxus lifted her up and swung her to his shoulder.

  'Tsk. What a pain.' Laxus grumbled.

  Lucy yelped at the sudden force but didn't protest. She was drunk, to the point until she couldn't walk by herself. She knew that. It was worth the try, at least. With her vision upside down, she could see Mira waving sweetly at them, Lucy could saw her the glint in Mira's eyes, meaning she had something up in her sleeves but decided to wave it off. Her head was spinning from the position and as they got outside Lucy knocked on Laxus' back a couple of times before letting out a giggle. Why was this so funny? His back is so muscly and hard she could knock like it was a door.

  'Mr. Spark Plug can you get me down, now?' Lucy asked, 'Unless you want this legendary flowing cloak of yours decorated with vomit...' hearing that, Laxus held her waist and put her down, he stared at her horrified.

  Lucy giggled, amused that her threat worked out nicely. They proceeded to walk with Laxus' arms circling her waist, helping her walk straight. Lucy shivered slightly at the cold night air. She wore a loose tank and short jeans, she didn't have time to change, Lucy instinctively brought her hands together, rubbing each arm to warm herself. Suddenly, the arm in Lucy's waist was gone and she felt a weight in her shoulders. Before she could sway, the arm went back to her waist, holding her once more. She looked to her shoulder to find that Laxus' had put his coat on her. It was so big and heavy the ends touched the ground, but it was warm she couldn't help but tightening it around her body.

  'Thanks,' she flushed, looking up at the blonde dragon slayer. 

  Laxus' stared at her and grunted. 'how does it feel wearing my legendary flowing cloak?' He asked, amused at the name.