#2: Meet Me in the Middle

He laughed a lot.

He smiled a lot.

He smiled and laugh a lot that sometimes I get to feel something behind those facade.

Will I be able to see it once more? 

Thousand Sunny- Somewhere in the New World 

Deck

"They taste delicious", Seri commented as she eats Nami's oranges at the bench. "Yes. They're the best. It's Bellmere's orange after all", Nami said proudly. "Bellmere?", Seri repeated her name. "She's the one who took care of me. Ever since I remember, she's been planting them to raise me and my sister", Nami introduced her beloved Bellmere.

"She sounded like a very nice person", Seri commented. 

"By the way, your ship must be looking for you. Why is it that we haven't seen one? If they are to transfer you to one of their bases, they should have sent their men", Nami was curious.

"Maybe they want me to play a little more?", Seri shrugged.

Nami sweat dropped on how carefree and innocent she sounds.

"You look young to be in the Marine and its quite rare to see a female one. Did your parents consent?", Franky joined the conversation.

"I don't have any parents anymore. Also, I told you already. I am not part of the Marine", Seri repeated without a sound of irritation.

"Franky", Nami lectured about being sensitive. Franky cried hearing that Seri is an orphan.

"That must've been tough living alone!", Franky added. 

"Sorry to disappoint you Nami-san. I don't have any treasures with me now", Seri apologized. "Haha~ don't mind. They were just kidding around", Nami laughed nervously.

"I often hear about pirate stories from someone. Does all pirates help random people?", Seri looked at Luffy.

"Our captain is just stubborn. We have to obey him. Also, if it's his decision, it somehow turns out well", Nami chuckled.

"Oh, Nami-swann! is laughing. Seri-chwan, can you stay longer? I want to hear her laugh more", Sanji twirled in front of them. He's still wearing blindfold. Seri stood up and caught his face. Chopper saw it and gasped. "No! Seri. He'll die if you remove it", Chopper reached out but he was late. Seri already removed the blindfold.

"I can't do that Mr. Cook. They will get mad if I don't return. Your food is extremely amazing. I hope I can eat them everyday as well. If I could spend more time in the ocean, I hope I could see someone", Seri said calmly. Sanji froze and had his eyes looking directly into pair of scarlet orbs. He suddenly have tears in his eyes.

"Oi! Sanji. Are you okay? His heart must have stopped", Ussop dropped his fishing rod as they all turned to their direction.

"How...", Sanji sniffed.

"How can someone be this angelic?", Sanji cried river of tears flooding the deck . Seri just chuckled.

Kitchen

"Brook-san, the one you were singing a while ago, what do you call that name?", Seri asked. The crew are busy talking to each other as well. Seri sat close to the skeleton.

"It's called Bink's Sake", Brook answered.

If we let blow winds of fear, then the end of us is near
Even so tomorrow the sun rise again

The noisy crowd suddenly was silenced as they heard Seri sing. "Ah, sorry. That's the only part I remember. A pirate once taught me the song", she felt shy now that she caught the attention of the crew. Sanji and Chopper cried. "Your voice is extremely soothing", Chopper continuously clapped.