#44: Who Lives, Who Dies

2 months after

Dressrosa

Palace

"Are you sure that you will be allowing us to stay here?", Seri's father who goes by the name of Rex was startled by the offer of King Riku. "We will be honored to serve under the house of Ymir. If you haven't heard, your ancestors were the ones who gave the seeds of the flowers here in Dressrosa. They bloom even in the most undesirable weather", the old man smiled. "It is also because of the Tontata", Rex looked at the small creatures being carried by bugs. "It's been a while, Seri. How are Luffy and the others?", Rebecca excitingly hugged the white-haired lady. "I believe they are now making a name for themselves. The last time I saw them was in Elgia", Seri answered. After some time, Viola and Rebecca dressed Seri in Dressrosa's festive dress.

"You have wonderful friends", Rex noticed the smile on his daughter's face. "I didn't know you could make such a face", he cried. "I get it already, dad. You always cry when I smile", Seri patted the man's back. "Because...because... I wasn't able to see you grow", Rex bawled like a child. "Come on, Dad. I already told you that I grew up well. See, I'm perfectly healthy and more than healthy", the lady tried to convince him. "But the government...the marine...made you-", the man was interrupted when Kyros offered a handkerchief. "Thank you, tall and reliable-looking man. Would you like to marry my daughter?", Rex suddenly turned serious. Seri sighed and just ignored his father's statement. He's been pestering the lady about marriage.

"He's just worried for your future", Viola chuckled and invited her again to have some tea in the garden. "And being married might be what he thinks as a way to assure that secured future for you", the wavy-haired woman gave a small smile. "Marriage", the lady gave a small smile. "Seems like you already have someone in mind", Rebecca noticed. The white-haired lady shook her head and try to clear out the misunderstanding. Rex burned in curiosity. "Don't tell me it's that Surgeon of-", he wasn't able to continue since Seri covered his mouth. 

Seri volunteered as one of the chefs in order to pay for all the accommodation of the royal family. Riku insisted that they just stay still but Rex also goes around the country giving free medical services. King Riku couldn't help but forget that they are celestial dragons, an entity that a lot of people suffered from. 

4 months after,

Hill in the Middle of Sunflower

"Dressrosa is so much fun!", Rex carried a cat on his arm. "This is such a wonderful place to stay!!!", he was amazed by the view of sunflowers and the breeze. "Why did you ask for us to stay here, Dad? You're enjoying the company of Kyros-san", Seri watched in amusement as Rex roam the place. It's just a small space enough for the two of them to live. "It's time to see what we can do about your condition, Seri. Look at me, I'm not aging as well. Let's figure things out together", Rex turned serious and hugged her daughter. 

This will be the first time Seri would re-open some wounds. "For all those years, how were you able to survive?", Seri knew that hatred of people toward celestial dragons. "Donquixote Mjosjard", the mention of the family name made Seri feel nervous. "He's a good man", Rex assured. The man sat on the chair and Seri poured tea. "Doflamingo mistook you as the former owner of Op-Op fruit. Also, a lot of people believed you died because you performed the eternal youth surgery", the lady joined his father and sat on the chair across from the man. 

"I ate the reset-reset fruit, Seri. The former owner of the Op-Op fruit was a good friend of mine. Because he's not a celestial dragon, he could just be killed anytime. That is why I lied to protect him. Unlike me, he can be forced to perform it on anyone and die", Rex explained. "I'm sorry to tell you but that friend you are talking about is already dead", the lady said with an apologetic tone. "Wishing for him to be alive is also like allowing such a poor child to die", the man held onto Seri's daughter. "I knew about that child. He was the only survivor of Flevance", Rex tighten her grip on the lady. "Why, Father? Is there anything bothering you?", Seri asked worriedly.