#9: People die, eventually

Palace

Battleground 

Doflamingo beat the heck out of Trafalgar. He kicked him on the floor.

"Because of you, this happened to Dressrosa. Look well! Law! This is the result of your stupidity and what you weren't able to save", Doflamingo's sanity broke.  "You're only standing here because Cora-san cannot pull the trigger", he spat blood.

"Are you going to pull the trigger?", Doflamingo asked in a serious tone. He saw someone in the corner of his eyes." I gave my entire life to be in this moment when I can do what Cora-san wanted", Trafalgar prepared to use his ability. He could have died of an illness that doctors can't cure. The kind heart Corazon, Rosinante, risks his own life to save him.

What was the reason?

Why would he take the risk?

He even tried to kill him.

"When you stabbed me, I didn't feel any pain. Because I know you were the one who was hurting".

Trafalgar felt a tug on his heart when memories rushed back to him. He spends another second attempt to take Doflamingo down. They're both warlords but the power gap is too wide. He's been exhausted from all the fighting. Plus, he needed to operate himself.

Flashback

Rosinante placed a sound barrier around Trafalgar so that he won't make any sound and no one hear him. He once made fun of his ability which he thought doesn't help that much.

As Rosinante covered the treasure box, he smiled creepily.

I want him to remember me smiling.

"I love you".

I will live a little more. Because if I die, they will hear you crying out in pain.

Present

"I'll let you see Rosinante whom you love so much", he tore Trafalgar's arm using his string. He screamed in agony.

He has been beaten badly again with Trebol joining the fight. Doflamingo kicked his body lying on the ground. He also lost one of his arms. "Stop", Seri tried to reach out on Doflamingo's arms but Trebol caught her. "Welcome back, lady. You saved me time looking for you", Doflamingo used his gun to shoot Trafalgar. "You're wearing Corazon's name. You name your group as the hearts pirate. Who are you trying to satire!", Doflamingo snapped."Stop! He'll die", Seri struggled to escape Trebol's sticky glue. Blood was flowing on the floor.

"Why did you even come back? Would like to see him die?", Doflamingo turned to face her.

She also wondered why her feet led her to the battlefield. She was told that of being just in the way. As weak as she is, there's no way she could stand against the powerful one. Still, her feet brought her to the very place called a danger zone.

"Oh, you want to see the misery of the Op-Op user", the guy turned to face her. Her eyes widened and started to form sweat. "You're wrong", Seri shook her head. "Code 00404, what's your deal, then? "", Doflamingo stabbed her stomach with the strings. The wounds started to knit themselves back. "Wonderful! That ability is truly wonderful", Doflamingo pulled her cheeks. "It truly made a monster", he said with the lust to gain the same ability.

Flashback

Marine Headquarter

"The Op-Op User died and the fruit was stolen in the hands of pirates. They wanted to make a deal with us", someone spoke from the transporter snail.