Prologue

During medieval period all werewolf packs lives close in a secluded island (known as moon rock) in peace along with other supernatural creatures. The head of each pack, known as "Alpha" possesses the moon stone which thought to give them power and make them invincible. Whenever any alpha handover his throne he arranges the Arena in which all suitors for alpha titles fights and the last werewolf standing wins the title and the moon stone. One of their other traditions was 'Chasing Games'. All packs arrange a common "chasing games" quarterly every year on full moon night. So that unmated wolves above the age 18, can find their mates. By the grace of Mother Nature and Goddess Moon, the werewolves' mates or their other halves are generally born in other packs to minimize the chances of inbreeding. (Inbreeding effect is evolution of weak offspring due to expression of recessive genes of family). Chasing games starts with a grand feast followed by a ball. After these two events the werewolves who found their mates were send for chasing game. In this game females were sent for run half hour prior to males. Males have to found them and mark them after pursuing them. The game ended on with mating ceremony of newly mated couples.

Everything was in harmony until some packs become power hungry. They thought themselves above human. They decided to dominate humans. In their eyes humans were weak, pathetic and hence should belong to bottom of food chain. These packs were known as extremist while other were known as neutrals. They want to conquer the world so that they didn't have to hide their true identity. Extremist spread them around the world leaving behind their families at island, and then started the war. Being strong and powerful species they were having upper hand in war. They were mercilessly killing humans.

To fight against extremists humans forms a society of hunters, an association of trained assassins. It was still difficult for them to fight against extremist as they know very little about werewolves' powers then. Desperate for help hunters tried to pursue Neutrals. Neutrals decline to fight against extremists but agreed to train them so that they could at least defend themselves. They shelter a group of hunter in their home. Living along with werewolves, hunters learns many things about them, their powers, their weakness and their Mates. They learned that mates were like soul mates, two individual made exclusively for each other. And without one the other cannot survive.

Extremist were oblivious from this arrangement. War continues for a decade. The only factor in favor for humans was their large number. Soon they realize that this advantage also won't last long if they didn't come up with something. Desperation of saving their kind, made them blind enough to take an inhuman step. They attacked the island and starts killing extremist mates and families. Neutrals tries to stop this attack but it was too late.

Many extremists died in war field while feeling the pain of their mates, those who survive they kill themselves after losing their mates and family. The unmated extremist after watching such horrifying scenario lost their sanity, and ran away taking moon stones of their packs and became rouges. As they were left in very less numbers so they went in hibernation planning revenge. When they found out that hunters came to know about mates through Neutrals, they took oath of killing mates of Neutrals till the dawn of their race.

To protect their packs neutrals ran away from island. Hunters out of guilt helped them in their reallocation, and were still helping them to hide their identity from rogues. Now werewolves' packs are spread across the world even unknown to each other. Because of which the chances of mates meeting each other are very rare unless you are born lucky to have your mate within your pack. These days they follow normal human tradition of marriages. They chose their mates and mark them as theirs. In fact with modernization they have started taking mates from other supernatural species.

Rogues still haunt packs in search of any true mates found, so that they can still follow their oath for taking revenge of their ancestors. Hunters have left the packs alone but keep an eye open for rogues or those packs who can pose threat to their kind. They know location of each and every pack but kept it secret in fear of repeating history. They have kept all the information about each and every supernatural species in a sanctum hidden away.