47

Alice

"This is to prove Brodie has a drug problem and so you can make amends with the only family you have," Nick says running his fingers through my hair.

"I know I'm just worried. Like why go through all this trouble just to expose Brodie." I say against his naked chest tracing my finger over his pecks as it rises and falls with each breath.

"I get your point," Nick mumbles and kisses my head.

We woke up an hour ago... well we fell asleep an hour ago. We were so busy last night we ended up crashing at 5 after many rounds all over the room then waking up now- It's 6 AM.

"Besides you were the one to give him the drugs." I sigh out as soon as I say it he stiffens next to me.

"Alice... that was long before I knew you. I'm different now that you're here please trust me that I don't do these things anymore." He says.

"But you said at the hospital that you gave the drugs to Brodie. He framed me." I say seriously.

"I gave him the drugs years ago and he still has been getting them without me. I guess I started it and I'm sorry." He whispers and I sit up quickly feeling the sheets pool down at my hips.

His warm blue eyes slowly move from my eyes to my chest.

I furrow my eyebrows and grab his chin lifting his face up to mine in hopes to get his eyes off my chest.

When he finally meets my eyes I speak. "You don't need to be sorry, I'm just glad you're here to help. And I don't think it's your fault. I was just mad and confused after Kathy asked me to stay with her and then having to talk about Brodie on top of all that was too much." I admit and lay down on top of him.

His strong arms wrap around my small body under the warmth of the blankets and I hold onto his biceps placing kisses to his collar bone.

"I think you should move in with Kathy." He states from under me.

"Why?" I ask sitting up but he pulls me back down to his chest.

"You'd be away from Brodie. And after all this, I don't think you'd want to move back in with them after they kicked you out and possibly sent Jessie's only son to rehab. And not to mention, Kathy is offering you a place. For free. And I could always be by you. You know... as neighbors." What he says really makes me think. He makes a valid point and truly it would be stupid to turn it down.

"I'll talk to Kathy when we get back," I assure him and he smiles a genuine smile.

"I need to shower then get back to my room," Nick says as his head falls back and hits the ruffled pillow. It's quiet.

"Can I join you?" I ask and he's silent for a second.

Suddenly he jolts upright and picks me up. "No way I'm missing this opportunity," Nick mumbles in my ear and I laugh as he carries me to the bathroom.

"Nick!" I giggle as he kisses my neck teasingly. "I'm still sore from last night." I laugh as he sets me on my feet and slowly walks back in the shower water with me in his arms.

"Just let me hold you." Is all he says tucking his face in my neck and breathing me in.

"I love you a lot, Alice. I don't even think you know how much." He says and I wrap my arms tighter around him.