21: How good it feels.

Start from the beginning

Panting I looked around only to witness dark. The kitchen , my Mom , Mrs Jeon , Him , none was here.
Phew. I was dreaming. I lay back staring at the ceiling.
That shriek.
Messaging my temple I turn over to other side but a loud thud sweeps the sleep away.
Sitting up I place the duvet aside and open the door quitely only to meet the dark , silent hallway.
But a few murmurs could be heard down the staircase.
Men. It was men talking. Perhaps dad is still in meeting.
Glancing back at the table clock I read the time .

Three twenty two.

Who on earth in the right mind holds a meeting at freaking three in the morning? !!
Unless the person has no mind.
Or it's not a meeting.

Without making any noice I make my way towards the stairs and peek down.

I could only hear a chair or stool or maybe a table being dragged and light thud of a door being closed .
My father emerges out from the direction of his study and disappears behind the door to his bedroom. Observing for a few more minutes I figure that he's dozed .
Observing!? No Janice, you weren't observing . You were paranoiding. Yeah , if that's a word.

Retreating back to the room , I tried to doze off . Listening to the calm breeze entering the room through the window I slept.

By seven in the morning , I was more than all set to head off to the school. Keeping my spects in the case I greeted Victor. Apparently we are still waiting for Tzuyu who happened to spill mascara half an hour ago. After bickering for minutes she decided to redo it and not to miss school.

The familiar honk was the thing that replaced the frown on my face with a smile.
Making my way to the car I got inside , waving at Victor , who was shaking his head in disbelief.

"So how'd you sleep?" He chimed.

"Amazing." I said with a big smile looking his way.
"You didn't tell me you'd pick me up today."

"Don't tell me you weren't hoping to see me as soon as possible." He said as I only chuckled.

"I wanna take you to a date." He said .

"Mmm okay."

"You agree?"

"Why would I not?"

"Okay then , this Saturday ."
It sounded more like a statement than a question so I nodded.
Honestly I really enjoy being with him. It's like he's my abditory. These dates , are a reason why I'm being happy nowadays . He is the reason why I'm all smiles . And he's the reason why I behave like a creep at times.

"I know I'm handsome , but I need to focus on the road so keep that stare for later." He said winking sheepishly at me.

School hours went as usual until the break. For during break the cafeteria was full of celebration of our beloved Mia. She's everyone's favorite.
And Jeon wasn't so happy during the whole time for I had told him about the encounter with William yesterday. Believe me , he can be anything you can't even imagine. From the mist zealous person to an angry beast , though the latter one I had yet to witness.

During departure , we planned to head to the diner but Victor asked us to get in the car quickly for dad was leaving for some trip today and apparently he asked for us to be home earlier.

Bidding everyone I made my way towards a moody Jeon who was leaning on his black SUV hands in pocket , but eyes never wavering from mine.
His face had a tiny bit of scowl.

"Hey ." I spoke softly .
He looked behind me , where Victor waited , and leaned down placing a soft peck on my head .
The sweet gesture , which has now become a very routine , still stirs my insides making my heart flutter.