36: infamous affairs

"For Pete's sake, stop cramming those words into my ear! I know that I'm one of the suspects, a major one instead. But you cannot just nark that on my face every damn second!" William shouted, losing his already so withering patience, slamming the glass table ruthlessly. 

Jeffery was shocked? Yes, indeed. The officer looked at the crazy man before him perplexed.
It would have made more sense for him, Jeffery,  to have shouted like that, given that he'd been doing nothing but asking everyone all the very similar questions again and again since the morning.

He looked through the one sided glass window, knowing they were being watched. Gesturing some weird hand-sign that probably meant 'he was done for the instance',  he headed out of the investigation room.

Jeongguk who had just came from the surveillance-camera control room, passed  an assuring nod towards his partner.
To say he was irked by William, would be an understatement.
Not only did he just shout like he owns the place, but he was even trying to bribe the investigation department with his business tactics, according to Jeongguk.

"Let's give him a break. How long have you been interrogating him anyways?" He asked Jeffery, who looked at his watch and showed his index finger indicating, an hour.

Jeongguk nodded and took a deep breath. The recorder quickly dismissed himself from the room at his senior's lease. William strode out of the white room into the computer-area with a scowl. Buttoning his coat, he passed nothing more than just a grimace towards the officers as he left, leaving just Jeffery and Jeon in the room.

Jeffery broke the silence with an exasperated sigh.
"How did the meeting go?"

"Useless." Jeongguk snapped, annoyance evident in his tone.
"They are freaking asking us to cut it with the interrogations and quietly announce it as a suicide if the evidences don't show up"
He said gruffly losing his temper, and Jeffery could feel his shattering soon

"But why?!  Why do they want to cover it off as suicide for freak's sake?"

"The Wrethmeirs cannot risk running their family name. Having  strong political support for sure they'll try to squeeze out their best. The Mayor seems to be at good terms with William too.
Quite good terms."

He said the last part faintly, thinking deeply to point the loophole. 

"He showed up yesterday, didn't he? The Mayor?"

"Yes he did. Seems like he is the one who pressured Officer Bails for all this. I don't think we have much time Jeffery,  before they turn the tables."

"How was it with the Harris-guy?" Jeongguk asked, referring to Mr Harris, Nathaniel's secretary.

"He seems little off. Well honestly, at this point every one seems off." He sighed before continuing. 
"That man has been working with Nathan for twenty years now, and he claims that Nathan had been depressed for a time now. And he is the only guy among all those whom we have investigated for so long, who said , "William and Nathan had a stronger bond than they ever showed" "

This caught Jeongguk's attention. He had ordered Mason to dig out every possible information about Harris, everything including professional and personal. But the report was yet to come.

Jeongguk's thoughts drifted to the investigation that proceeded the day before, once they had observed Nathaniel's room. It was one hectic day.