15: Wrethmiers

Janice *

I tucked the phone in my pocket and met the eyes which have been boring the head of mine.

"Tomorrow you have to be ready by morning. A visit . No school."
His words still ringing in my head.

Before it could be any later I dialled Victor's number. After three rings he picked up.

"Victor , is father home?"

"No miss. Not yet. Why?"

"Nothing . I will be there soon."

Hanging up, I dragged my feet towards the so comfy looking bed.
Sitting down , his cologne hit hard . I felt like laying down .

"I won't be coming to the school tomorrow."
I stated looking at my palms.

"I heard."

"Eavesdropping isn't good."

"Didn't you put the call on speaker intentionally.?" He retorted back.

"I'm just trying to light up the mood."

"I know."
He said , sitting beside me , with an arm draped around my shoulder securely. I hugged his waist , leaning more into him.

"You smell so nice." I said really loving his scent , which will probably haunt me for the rest of my life.

"I know."

He took a deep breath, before continuing.

"You know what , don't try to change the topic now. Changing the mood won't help.
You are once again subsiding the topic , running away.

I'm all ears. "

It's time.
To tell him.

Is it?

Uncertainty..

A lot of it.

I raised my head to meet his eyes .
Kissing my forehead softly , he embraced me even more tightly.

"Jeon you won't freak out. Please.."

"Depends."

With a deep sigh I finally mustered up the courage to unlock the chest for him.

"So the reason why my father took me in out of the blue is that he could....
I mean. "
Another sigh.
The look on his face was enough for me to submerge into a cup of water. Wow . Horrible description.

"It's hard to put this together.
I'm, just a deal for him . He will marry me off to this European guy someday to grow his business. "

Those brown orbs turned utter dark.
To be honest I'm scared. Of his state or his reaction or whether he will still be by my side?

"I knew something like this was there.
Who's that guy?"
He spoke , disgust dripping in his words.

"I have not met him yet. Tzuyu just told me he's European and that he is around five years older.
As he graduates , I'll be ....."

"No you won't be. Even if I have to punch him in face at the altar , I won't hesitate."

He said firmly , holding me close to him.

"So your mother is just a bait to keep you in the loop."

"Yeah."

"Don't worry , my dad is ready to help you out. Once the firm is all set , he'll be on it. And believe me , no one will be taking you away from me. No one, Janice, no one. "