30: The Prom

It is a curious thought
but it's only when you see people
looking ridiculous, that you realize
Just how much you love them.

- Agatha Christie
~•~
______________________________

They say, there is always some madness in love.
But there is also always some reason in madness.
That madness is in there, in all of us, but we are just unaware of it unless we share it with someone who equally reciprocate our level of madness.

And that's when the best of the friendships are cherished.

That's when one of the most mesmerizing love stories are crafted.

~°~

Janice and Jeongguk had dropped by Jeongguk's house on their way to the Prom-Avenue at the special request by Mrs.Jeon. And Janice couldn't be any happier about greeting the Jeons before leaving. Like always Mrs Jeon had gushed about how beautiful she looked and warned Jeongguk to take extra care of her, in a certain way, and that had made the latter sulk in embarrassment.

Janice was always bad at reading between the lines when people spoke, and this was no exception. She found him sulking funny, but when the words made a little more sense to her, she froze, contemplating whether she understood it right or it's just her brain, again.

And this attitude of hers was what making it hard for her date for the night, to not to go mad, when he already was.
He was mad, for her, that he was sure of. His parents were sure of.
But was she?

Anyone could tell it by the way he looked at her.
He looked at her, as if he were born to do so, as if he was madly in love with her.

And she always felt butterflies witnessing his gaze on her.

The timid, introvert Janice wouldn't know for sure, but the vulnerable, smart and grateful Janice does know, that he is in love with her.

She is grateful to him for everything he has done, and she is smart enough to tell that she loves him back, so she sticks to him. Not only to heal her vulnerable self, but also not to hurt him by refraining from doing so.

They had a lovely time clicking pictures, and making 'weird' poses as Mrs Jeon captured every moment.

The poses were far from being weird, but they were coined so by Jeongguk, stating that such poses weren't even shown in movies nowadays, but he would do them for his mom.

The ladies had laughed at his boyishness for everyone in the room knew how much he loved holding her in his arms. How much he enjoyed watching the red tint her cheeks when doing so. How much he yearned for her warmth to mould with his.

They had taken their leave after Mrs Jeon was satisfied with the pictures and not long after they were close to their destination. A soft music tune filled the car, one that Janice had selected. Her music collection always comprised of soft melodies and instrumentals contrary to what Jeongguk usually preferred.
He liked loud music with high base but her being his metanoia wasn't just for say.

The soft melodies usually kept his mind at ease but today wasn't the same case.

He had been to a prom before, and not only that but also as a date to his senior. But never once back then did he feel nervous, infact he made others curl their toes but this time he found himself having a taste his own medicine.