37: Expectations

"You endure what is unbearable and you bear it

"You endure what is unbearable and you bear it. That is all." 
-Magnus Bane
~*~

Have you ever wondered, how does it feel to push away all your memories in the darkest pit of your brain, carefully, so that they do not haunt you, only to have them brought back up again and again by life?

It feels like a thousands of needles prickling all at once. Like you are standing naked in a severely cold atmosphere, the fire keeps burning at a distance and keeps mocking you, but refuses to provide any warmth or comfort.

That's how these past eleven years have been for Janice. Losing the ones she has ever loved has been a part of her life, but the idea of getting them back in any way, let alone as an investigator of her father-in-law's death-case has never crossed her mind.

Never.

Jeongguk as an investigator cum detective makes more sense than her as even a mother but again, who can question life?
He would always tell her, when they were together, that how he wanted to be just like his father, follow in his footsteps, serve people.
And he is, being detective, he seems to have accomplished his dreams.
Perhaps.

And her? She never had sought out what she wanted to do. Never had the chance to decide that, with a father like Michael, dictating her what to do and brother like Min Ho, making sure she did as told. The only exception being that for the one merry year with Jeongguk, when she thought that perhaps, life could be lived the way she liked. That it could be spent with someone whom she liked.

But, none other than herself could be blamed for where she stands today.
Eleven years ago, she chose to leave him, it was her- who broke his heart when he only healed hers. 
She never had an aim in her life, so it was given to her. 
And thus, every morning when she wakes up, she thinks of how she could just mold this melancholy life into a better one, for her son. The reason that she still breathes. The only aim, that she pledges to fulfill without failing,  again.
She never planned to be a mother that early, but when it did happen, she could not just kill that life. How come would doing just that make her any different from her father? 

Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays were a few interesting days, when she took the Lectures at the university.  Surprisingly she enjoyed teaching, an attribute she thought- she'll never possess. 
The lectures took her brain to a vacation, away from the vexations served to her in a silver platter in the name of - Wrethmeirs. 

With a pile of assignments in her briefcase, she got out of the car, which was soon taken by the butler.

Usually she'd stay back in the University to check and grade them and enjoy her time in solitude, but today she was excepting something. 
Someone.

And the silver car in the driveway confirmed her assumptions.
She was not someone to go through her husband's mails or phone calls, but last night, when William had returned from the interrogation, she overheard him speaking on phone.
He was talking about what time the said person would be here, and could make out that the said person was taking a long flight to be here, like the ones when someone travels straight from Asia.