Chapter Five - Max POV

Jade passed me on my way to the gym. We shared a friendly hello before going different ways. I was heading for a quick swim during my tiny free period. My schedule was weird and because of the different specials times I had a 5 minute free period.

As I got into the pool area I grabbed a towel and placed it next to the pool. When I placed it I noticed a large pool of water on the side of the pool. No one used the pool during gym so what was that all about? I wasn't speaking my five minutes thinking about it so I took my clothes off, placed them next to my towel and jumped in.

The sense off calm that washed over me when I was in water and waited. Then it happened, my legs turned into my tail starting from my hips. I looked down at my shinny blue tail. I couldn't get enough of it. Two days before school started I was cursed by a mermaid because I chased after her. I didn't want the tail but the calming sensation that came with transforming was, well, calming.

I swam to the buttom of the 12 foot deep pool and just swam around. Keeping track in my head of how long it had been I swam a little higher than twelve feet.

After a little I headed back towards the surface. When I broke the surface I made sure no one could see me before I climbed out. Quickly drying my tail off I watched as my tail changed back into legs. After drying the ground, I practically jumped into my clothes and dropped the towel into a laundry bin.

I checked one last time that there was no evidence anyone had ever been there and headed out. As I passed the lockers on my way to garden I saw Maire and Lilith talking in hushed voices that sounded urgent.

They stopped talking as I passed and I actually got a little curious about what they were talking about, but instead of walking over and asking them I just smile and continued walking. They both smiled back and once I was out of their view they were back at the urgent hushed whispering again.

I was very curious about what was with Lilith. She showed up at our school, said Maire was her cousin when Maire herself never talked about a cousin, and they were like polar opposites. They looked nothing alike and they had completely different views on the ocean and water.

Hopefully I can found out a little more about her before the end of the year.

~Hope you liked reading from Max's POV, the next chapter will be back to Lilith's POV.
I also plan on the next chapter being a kind of "mega" chapter.
Enjoy the story :)~