Chapter Three

The week went by fast and before I knew it I was swimming up to the surface Friday morning. Pearl had enjoyed the stories I brought her each day about school and I enjoyed the stories she told me of what went down each day in mer-school. Once I was at the surface I spotted Maire waiting for me on the beach.

I got to my hiding spot and started drying off with the towel we stuffed there. In seconds I was changing, grabbing my bag and heading towards Maire.

"Are you ready for gym class and the possibility of swim class?" Maire asked, casting a glance at me.

"Yep. I have my story straight. I can't swim and I also have a fear of the ocean." I confidently said.

"Then your good to go."

~

We made it to school and we talked till we got to my locker we Maire kept walking. Jade was soon at my side at her locker while her other friend, Talia, turned back around with a swish of her straight black hair after a goodbye and walked towards another section of the locker area.

"Hey Jade."

"Hi Lilith."

Jade and I had grown close in the few days I've known her and I've never been happier to have another kid that I knew in my class. Max and I have only talked once since he brought me to science and between Jade and Maire, I always has someone I knew in a class.

"I heard we get to do something hands on in science today." She said cheerfully.

"Oh I would love that." If I could use land magic myself I would be so grateful.

"I mean I don't know if it's true but we'll find out won't we." She turned to me while she shut her looker with the stuff we needed for science in her hands.

I grabbed the last of the books I needed for science and started to walk with her. All the way to science we talked about what the hands on would be.

We were having a hands on activity and I searched for Jade to share a happy smile but found she was hyper focused on what our teacher had to say.

"In a moment I will pass out the materials and then I'll go over basic safety before I pass out the chemicals." She walked from her desk, to the back of the room and grabbed what I had earlier in the week found out were called beakers.

She made her way around the room passing out the beakers on a tray, gloves, and glasses to each student. She made her way back to the front of the room and told us the basic safety, so pretty much don't eat it, touch it, or get it in your eyes.

She told us the order to mix it, using the colors of the chemicals. We did as she told us to and I was using it! Land magic! The chemicals mixed together and foamed up and over the edge of the beaker. It really was magical here.

Then it was gym class. I walked in with the rest of the people in my speicals class and saw Max and Jade. I turned and saw who was most likely the gym teacher. He had short brown hair the barely went past his ears, bright emerald green eyes, he was just a little taller than all of us with a lot of muscles on his arms and legs. He had what I guessed were workout clothes that were blue with white stripes down the sides.

Once everyone was in the room he said, "Hello everybody. Welcome to gym class. Today we're just going to do a little preview of what we'll be doing in gym class. Fist we'll start in the gym then move to the pool and swimming area."

He lead us around the gym pointing out different equipment and areas we'd be using this year. Then we came to the pool.

"This is the pool. A swim team will come here to practice everyday after school so if that's something you might be interested in, you can sign up after class. We will use the pool some days for some swimming workouts and if you have a water phobia or can't swim let me know now."

I rised my hand, practicing the line Maire and I agreed I would say as he called on me.

"Yes Lilith?"

"I can't swim and have a water phobia."

"Do you think you could get over the phobia?"

"Probably not, and my reasoning is private."

"Alrighty, so we'll find something for you to do when we have swim class."

With a simple nod that was that. I did it! My secret was safe. Things were looking good for me.

~

After class which was just us getting used to different games and equipment, Jade and I were in the girl's locker room, cleaning up.

"Honestly I didn't get as sweaty as I thought I was." I said to her.

"Yeah, a lot of the time gym class, even in the first week, is pretty rough but who knows." She finished washing her hands and threw her hands up, sending droplets around us.

She didn't notice but I did. I was hyper aware of where they went and one landed right above the pendant. I calmed down as I was safe.

"Glad that today it was a little nicer than before." I voiced my thoughts.

"I think it probably wasn't rough because it's our second year here so we just have new activities." Jade replied.

"Makes sense."

As Jade started heading out my legs felt weird. Not like I was changing into a mermaid, at least I didn't think. I looked around to see what could have caused this. Nothing. Anywhere. I started walking out when I realized I was changing into a mermaid. I could either run to the pool and jump in or let myself change here. I looked at the floor, saw it was still wet from showers and people washing their hands. I ran to the pool, threw all my clothes off expect for my shirt jumped it.

I did everything so fast I was in the water as I started to change. Thankfully it took a little before I got my tail so I was fine. I swam down into the water some and heading for the opposite wall to scout out the area.

Swimming to the other side I peaked my head over the side like it was a rock and saw no one. I waited for a bit before I spend to the other side, back to my stuff, and pulled myself out and dried myself off with my used gym clothes.

Once I was human again, I put the rest of my clothes on and sprinted for my next class.

~Thanks for reading! <3
The next two chapters are going to be shorter than normal and in different POVs than Lilith's.
Enjoy :)~