Chapter Four - Jade POV

As I walked out of the girl's locker room I walked a little slower so Lilith could catch up and we could walk together to our locker but she didn't come. I was at the end of the hall that lead to the gym, pool, and locker rooms and still no Lilith. What was happening? Was she OK? I kept walking, still slowly when I heard running. I turned back towards the hall and saw no one. Then I heard a huge splash. I ran as quietly to the pool doorway as I could. I looked around and saw Lilith's clothes at the side of the pool but no Lilith. I saw no one in the pool so I guessed that see was fine and cautious turned around and sped away.

As I was leaving Lilith came walking up next to me. Turning to her I asked, "Hey you OK? You took a while to catch up to me."

"Oh sorry about that. I thought I lost something and searched for it but, it was in my bag." She said with a laugh.

"We've all done that." I said with a smile but I was still skeptical about her.

That's when I noticed that her hair looked a little wet. She didn't shower or spalsh her hair with water so what was with that? Was she in the pool? Did she lie to not swim, but if so why? I brushed it off as we were at our locker guessed maybe she did it after I left.

With a wave Lilith turned and heading towards math while I headed to history.

"Hi Max." I said as I passed him.

"Oh, hi Jade." He added a friendly as he replied, splitting from his friends to head in the direction in the way I came from.

What is with people being weird today? First Lilith took forever and might have jumped in the pool and now Max is heading there. What is going on?

I shrugged it off thinking maybe he had left something in there. As I was outside ELA I saw that Maire was still there. I could ask her what's with her cousin. I waited till she walked out to catch up to her. I asked her, "Hey Maire. Does your cousin really have a water phobia? She acted a little weird after gym." A weird look crossed her face that I couldn't read before she answered.

"Yeah, she does. She saw something PTSD inducing at a beach once but I don't know what it was."

"Oh OK." I stopped walking and turned around.

I still thought there was more to Lilith than what I knew, or thought I knew but what? I knew what I was doing during our homework time.

~I hoped you enjoyed reading from Jade's POV, it was fun writing.
The next chapter will also be short like this one but will be focused more on Max.
Hope you enjoy :)~