(10) This is a chapter of SCIENCE!

Mulai dari awal

    I was so proud.

    "Come help me unpack these groceries and I can start dinner," I called to Rosemary after she had set some of her stuff down in the living room.

    "I'm a little surprised you know how to cook." She sat at the counter and emptied the left-out grocery bags while I put them away.

    "Well, of course. Recipes are no different than equations."

    "You sure know how to make things sound fun." While Rosemary's comment came off as nothing far from sarcastic, I was sure I heard a snicker- which was almost a laugh!

    We were near finished unpacking and ready to start the meal when I heard Rosemary drop a can of sauce as she froze. That was probably the most terrified I think I've ever seen her. "Rosemary, is everything alright?"

    "Please. . . please tell me you also have a snake, and that whatever is wrapped around my leg is accounted for."

    "Oh, yes, yes, yes! My apologies, how could I forget. Rosemary, this is Neon." I leaned around the counter to pick Neon up after she had coiled around Rosemary's leg.

    Neon was another one of the pets in my home that I adored like children. I loved Hydrogen and Chloride, but Neon was certainly my most stunning child. An electric blue San Francisco garter snake with a stunning blue and red pattern, she took my breath away every day.

     Rosemary seemed less taken aback by Neon's glamorous coloring as she shot a mildly threatening glare to the snake. "It was on my leg."

    "Relax; she doesn't bite. No, Neon was probably lollygagging about." I smiled and pet the beauty after wrapping her around my shoulders to rest. Neon has always liked high-up places and looking down on people. "And if you find a mouse, don't fret. He lives here too."

    "You mean this guy?" She picked up my little ginger mouse off the counter and displayed him in her hand.

    "Yes! Rosemary, meet Atom." She seemed much more fond of him than Neon. Rosemary rubbed her finger to give him little head pats before letting him skedaddle back to me. Then, I put him in the pocket of my lab coat and finally started cooking.

    "Wait, so you have a snake and a mouse?" She asked.

    "Yes, that is correct."

    "And Neon doesn't...eat him-"

    "Oh, how dare you! She isn't some hornswoggling savage. I'll have you know they are actually great friends. . . They just like to play, that's s all." I was flabbergasted that she even had the audacity to accuse him of the sort. For shame.
___________________

    I soon finished dinner up and took a seat at the couch with Rosemary. Normally, the dogs would eat with me, but she might not be used to their company just yet.

    "Would you like to watch something?" After receiving her silent nod I fired up the old picture box and put on a short documentary about Quirks. I know, I know, I could come off like a real bore, but I just loved to learn.

    Rosemary seemed to enjoy the documentary, more or less. She was mostly interested in the part about support items and gadgets, but that was no shocker. I had to say it was a noggin scratcher as to why she wasn't enjoying herself in the Support class. It was no doubt she seemed perfect for it.

    Well, what kind of man of SCIENCE would I be if I didn't try and figure out?

    "So, Ms. Rosemary, you never told me, what is your Quirk exactly?"