21.Teasingly Yours

Start from the beginning

His pants stirred with the way she was melting for him. When he pulled away just enough, her wicked eyes bored into his. She cocked her head to the side that caused Phoenix to feel a recurring knot in his chest.

"What are you waiting for?" He knew what she was asking but he couldn't give it to her.

Closing his expressions off, he stood while picking her off the ground. Carrying her with his arms supporting her back and legs. Legs that were blinding him with visions of her wrapping them around his hips as he drove in between.

He gazed straight ahead. He knew she was peering up at him. He tried not to let that affect him.

Walking back into the cottage, he shoved her over his shoulder to pick up the sleeping bag and some ropes he had found at the back of the van. He knew he needed them.

Entering, he dropped the bed sack on the ground near the wall which had a rusty metal rod hinged on.

Plopping her down the bedroll, he bounded her hands together with one rope and then tied it with another thick rope to the rod. It pinned her hands over her head, her body lied against the brick wall.

Impressed by his handiwork, he went back to the van.

Seeing nothing edible, he phoned Derek. On picking up, Derek asked promptly. "Did you find her?"

"No but I got a trail."

"So do we. Some one saw Rodney by the bus station like you said. We plan on sending over night recruits just in case."

"Right."

"Where are you? Some of my men saw you heading for the Black woods. You won't find anything there."

"Yeah but saw some tracks, going to follow it up."

"Do you need me to come along?"

"No. I'm good but I'm going to need some food." Phoenix listed out the items he wanted specifically.

"No problem. I'll have a guy send them over. Where are you parked at?"

"Keep heading straight on the pathway you'll see my car. I'll put the tail lights on."

"I'll send them over."

"Thanks." Hanging up, he headed back. Phoenix saw she was exactly where she was except the tension brimming off her was clear. Good. It's best she stayed mad at him.

"I'm going out for a while." Switching off the main light, darkness swept over the room. He left the door opened. She didn't utter a word.

Looking up, the sky was over cast with thick grey clouds. Quickly, he jogged back to his car turning on the taillights.

As Phoenix waited, he mulled over why he had lied to Derek. He caught her, should be transferring her back to Atlanta Prison house. This would have been all over.

Exactly why he didn't want this to be over.

Inside the prison not only was she trapped but so was he. He couldn't do the things he wanted. He was just as much as prisoner as she was.

Seeing the headlights of a silver suv, he strode to the vehicle. A thin young police officer got down.

"Hi, I'm Gunner." Taking down with him, he had two bags of groceries. "You had any luck?"

"No. Anyway tell Derek thanks." Handed him a few bills.

"Thanks, will do. Oh and watch out for snakes. Nothing poisonous but they are a mean little things. Especially when it's going to rain." Gunner pointed to the sky. He got back in, and Phoenix waited for him to reverse and disappear back into the night.