7.Torturing Yours Truly

"Maxine did you attack on any convicts lately?"

The question was abrupt.

Maxine looked up at his handsome face. His visage was bland as usual with those intense green eyes pointed at hers. She flushed involuntarily.

"Who?" He asked, again.

Why does he care? It's not like he didn't do the same. Although, she had only seen him lash out his fury on those who disturbed the sanction of his rule.

With his unwavering gaze, she began to shift in her seat uncomfortably.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

He had called Maxine into his office, saying he had to discuss something with her. It was noon, and most of the convicts were out walking or playing in the field.

She'd thought it was another rendezvous with him. Eagerly, she had changed her normal bra into her favorite red lacy ones matching with her panties too.

When she walked in, he had looked thunderous. Like he was angry at her.

"Don't test my patience, Maxine. Answer my question."

He didn't need to know who it was. She was about to open her mouth to lie when he cut her off. "And don't think about lying."

She gulped.

"Valora Anton."

"Why?"

"She had disobeyed me in front of the guards! So I thought of teaching her lesson. She got what she deserved."

"You may leave." What?

"But-"

"And one more thing. Don't bother coming back tomorrow."

"Yo-you are firing me?" She sputtered out.

"Get up and leave. I won't tell you twice."

She could have thrown a tantrum but knowing him, it would do her no good. Her eyes began to tear up, as she got up from her seat.

When she reached the door, he called her out. Hope filled her, maybe he was mistaken. He would take her back now!

"Another thing. The code which I have devised is to punish those who misbehave. Not torture and bully the ones who haven't."

"You are supporting that slimy criminal?"

"No. I'm supporting my code. A code which you broke. I don't stand for bullying the defenseless."

"That vagabond is not defenseless. She is a killer whor-"

"Who let you injure her without any cause. I am surprised she allowed you to do it."

"I can take this up to court, you know."

"Try it and see what happens. I'll make sure you won't get any job while you are it." His dangerous timbre knocked her knees shaking your.

With a sniff, she closed the door with a slam.

Relieved, Phoenix slumps back into his chair.

Swiveling it around, he wheels it to his window. Peering down at the convicts, roaming around the grounds.

He searched for her.

Not only could he face the fact he fired his guard over someone like her, he couldn't stop thinking about yesterday.

Her body. It was worth salivating. Mouth watering. The struggle he had to maintain in keeping his face emotionless, only he'd known.

When he got the peek of the swells of her breasts, he wanted to palm them.