16.Youthfully Calculative

Phoenix took in the detective sitting in front of him with his legs splayed out as he plucked his teeth with a toothpick.

It was midnight. The window was locked shut. There was no cool breeze, but the air in here was disturbing.

Adrian asked. "What was she in here for?"

Inquisition wasn't a favorite thing of Phoenix. He liked people to stay in their lane and not come over his and snoop around his business.

He was always private. Never had the need to share things. He didn't grew up with siblings nor did he grew up with friends. The sole purpose of curiosity was not an interest to him unless it benefited him. Fuck, he was talking like Valora now.

At that moment, images of what happened before moved in front of him like a movie screen. Her on that desk, a picture of seduction and craving mixed into one.

Smoothening his hair, he asked. "What will that help you for?"

Unable to answer him back, Adrain sat up. Laughing uncomfortably, he coughs and says. "Right but I say this with experience."

Interesting. "Experience?"

Sensing his attentiveness, Adrian leaned back placing his hands behind his head. "You know she likes to sleep with just anybody. I mean a butcher like her sleeps with cops is kinda twisted, if you ask me."

Is he saying what I think he is saying? "You slept with her."

Seeing a cold smirk plastered on his face, he felt like he took a drug that aggravates the pain.

The green like monster was not only Valora but jealousy as well. It shook him so much that he held on to arms of his chair. His fingernails bit into its soft leather.

"Good lay but nothing to write home about. Besides, it was mostly to get those confessions out of her. Managed the one but it was enough. Look at where she is. I did that to her." He laughed soundly. Like he was almost proud of himself.

Phoenix didn't join in however. He wasn't the least amused. He wanted to know more about Valora but he needed to get past Adrian's series of shoptalk.

"You want something?"

"Well, yes. It includes Anton." Should have known. He crossed his fingers on his desk, peering at the strange obviously douche of a man.

"Let's hear it."

Adrain's eye brow lifted. "So much interest for lowly pathetic murderer. She got to you too?"

"I'll refrain from answering such a worthless time consuming question. If you don't know what you want, I suggest you can show yourself out."

"Relax, relax. Just ease up. I was kidding around. Anyway, Anton is as much as a slut a hooker is."

Phoenix's hands clenched together but he didn't once let the emotion rule his face. "Are you or are you not going to ask." His voice raising higher and higher.

"Alright. Well, I want your job and I want to talk to Anton. Alone."

Phoenix blinked. After several seconds of uncomfortable silence, Adrain bursted out laughing again. "You should have seen your face. I was only kidding about the first one."

"Either way, you aren't getting both."

"Wait-"

"If it's file you want, here it is." Reaching over the file.

"Woah woah. All I want is to talk to Valora."

The way he said her name had Phoenix almost jumping out of his seat and wring his neck.