𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Recommended song: The Beginning - One Ok Rock

Bora's POV

Five years later

"Sooya, come here please! Mommy can't run all the time!" I called my daughter. We were returning from her school. She was excited today for some reason. She had played a lot with her friends and now she wanted to play at the park too. We stopped at the park and I sat at a bench looking at her playing with some kids. I was too tired today to go chase her. I had a lot of work at the company and that drained me a lot.

"Hey Bora unnie." I heard Yoohyeon's voice.

"Hello aunt Bora!" Little Jisoo-Rachel said.

"Hey girls. What are you doing here?"

"Jisoo-Rachel wanted to play a bit in the park. So I brought her here. How are things back at the company?" Yoohyeon asked me and Jisoo-Rachel ran to play with Sooya.

"Things are fine." I said and looked at my daughter. Damn it. She resembled her so much. I took a deep breath in.

"How are you unnie?" Yoohyeon asked me, a bit hesitant.

"I'm fine."

"Are you?" Yoohyeon asked me softly and held my hand. I pulled it away.

"Yes. I am Yoohyeon."

"Look, Bora, I know you miss Si-"

"I said I'm fine Yoohyeon!" I said louder this time.

"Mommy? Are you sad again?" Sooya asked me softly and stopped playing to look at me. She saw my glossy eyes and realized it. She had seen me crying a few times. I didn't want that. But it happened. She came close to me and tried to calm me down not knowing the reason behind my tears. She was an angel. She didn't know exactly what to do but hugging me was enough to calm me down.

"Go play with Jisoo-Rachel, honey. Mommy is fine." I told her trying hard to hold in my tears. Yoohyeon looked at me sadly.

"I don't want you to pity me Yoohyeon. I'm fine. Really. I'm not alone to this anyway. I have you guys. And I have Henry too. So I can make it. Don't worry."

___

"Sooya, what ice cream flavour do you want?" Henry asked her.

"I want chocolate!" She said happily. We were sitting at a table in a cafeteria by the sea. It was May. Summer was near. Sooya loved summer. And she also loved the sea. Just like her. Damn it. Bora you should really stop thinking about her! She is gone!

Henry chuckled and then he looked at me waiting for an answer. He was a really good friend to me. I met him at a reunion that my high school classmates had last year. He was best friends with one of my classmates. And soon, he became mine too. He was living in China for a long time. He was older than me for three years. But he was really cool with all that. He didn't want me to call him oppa or something. Which was good of course. And of course... She wasn't at that reunion. My only chance to meet her again after four years.

Anyway, so I and Henry were friends for one year. He was a really nice friend and he was always there for me. He was also handsome and he made me feel good in any way. I liked him a lot.

"What about you my Queen?" He asked me and kissed my hand. He was also a gentleman. And he was funny too. We both laughed at his behaviour and Sooya laughed too. He loved calling me that. And I loved it too.

"I'll take strawberry. You know me." I said and he nodded. He stood up and went to the counter to order our ice creams.

After a while, he returned back holding our ice creams. He gave them to us and we started walking by the sea. We decided that we were too bored to just sit and watch the sea. It was a really nice afternoon after all. Sooya was running in front of us playing with the sea. I was looking at her and the sea too. It felt so good. But of course... something was missing.