KAYLA- 41. EmRu

It is February, with its extraordinary cold air that blows softly- 24 °C, colorful and vibrant furry jackets are worn by everyone. The leather patterned boots that goes up tight right under their knees, heeled, and classy. All from the same shop. A trend in the cold humid of February.

The streetlights from afar have 3D hearts painted in them. The cakes and the hanged clothes in shops are in red and pink.  It's almost Valentine's. 

Couples are going out, holding hands. The restaurants are fully booked and cotton candies in town are scattered everywhere.

It's 11 o'clock, the smooth smell of our empty cups of almond milk from before is playing with our noses. My girlfriend is in my room right now helping me in my suit and tie.

She's going slow and she turns me slowly. She smiles weakly at me. Her face is pale, and her cheeks glows like discs.

I'm going to an exclusive men's party here at Yauhken and she can't come with me.

She taps my shoulders like there's dust in there and she crawled her hands on my red tie.

She smelled like Vanilla again today. And she fixes the stubborn waist garter of her new dress of scarlet linen, her back exposed too much, trimmed with white ruffles, the skirt falling like a heavyweight silk just above her knees and she looked like the heart of Valentine's day.

Her hands are tiny and sleek and she tugs the hem of my black suit slowly. We had a long time steam-pressing this so they'd stand up properly handsome, but they now have wilted.

She eyed me, irritated, and her clear blue eyes is saying something again.

Something if I'd ask she wouldn't tell again.

She opened her sweet pink lips and she closed it abruptly, regretting she opened it.

We stared at each other for a good while with her hands gliding inside my suit, my white buttoned long sleeves inside doesn't need to be smoothened out like that, but she does anyway.

Her hands are pressing lightly on my chest as she stares at me, and constantly tilting her head with grace.

No one talked and her winter snow face was so close to me now, so close that her ebony bangs, that sits on her forehead are softly touching mine as well. I was about to kiss her but then she stepped back, frightened.

" There. You look great. " She said, finally, as she put on a slight giggle.

I missed her.

She's here. But she feels so distant. At some point, I no longer see her. At some points, there is only me and the empty her.

We went inside the car and she's silent.

I make a joke and she laughs.

But why is it that I feel like she doesn't like me no more?

Forced, pretend, tired, and absolutely viewed her life with me as plain monotonous.

Am I overthinking?

I drop her off her house and she kissed me before leaving. A fast kiss. No tongue.

" I'll see you later babe. At eight okay? " She said and I won't say it's sweet.

I nodded. She wanted me at eight because we're having dinner together. She said she'll make my favorite. Chocolate rice.

It's not my favorite.

It's hers.

I just learned to like it with her cause she loves that so much. Seems like it's easy to like something if someone you love likes it.