Chapter 28

Jaden's POV

It was getting late so we finished up at the studio and piled back into my car. Mads sat upfront with me.

Mads "I wish I could stay over tonight."

Jaden "Yeah but you have soo much to do tomorrow."

Mads "Yeah I know I just don't want to leave you."

She put her hand on my leg. I acted like I didn't even notice. Her clinginess has been really annoying lately. I didn't know how much more I could handle of it. We got to Mads place and she lean over and kissed me. She also said her goodbyes and wished Katie luck with Bryan. Katie got out of the back and jumped up front. We pulled out and headed for home.

Katie "What is her deal?"

Jaden "I honestly don't know anymore."

Katie "Yeah she's just weird about things now. So are you really okay with me talking to Bryan?"

Jaden "I mean no but that has nothing to do with Bryan... I uhh mean he's just not good enough for you but I'm sure you'll figure that out on your own."

She sat there quietly. I put my hand on her leg to let her know that we were okay. I wasn't mad. We sat in silence for a minute or two then I made an impulsive decision. I made a quick turn and headed towards the coast.

Katie "Where are we going?"

Jaden "The beach"

Katie "What? Why?"

Jaden "Because I want to see the sunrise and I know you do too."

Katie "We can't just not go home."

Jaden "Come on be a little spontaneous with me"

I squeezed her thigh and looked over at her. I saw a smile come across her face. I adored her smile and would do anything to see it. With the way things have been lately her and I haven't been as close as we're used to. Maybe some time together would help.

Katie "Okay lets go."

We made our way to the coast. I grabbed a blanket out of the back of my car and we headed down to the sand. As I was laying out the blanket and taking off my shoes Katie made her way down to the water.

I stood there and watched as she let the water surround her when the waves came in. I made my way down and stood next to her.

Katie "This. This is exactly what I needed."

She hooked her arm around my waste and pulled herself into me. She placed her head on my chest and I put my arm around her shoulders. We stood there just staring at the moons reflection on the water. I heard her yawn.

Jaden "let's go sit."

She nodded her head. We sat down on the blanket and just listened to the waves.

Katie "I don't know if I can stay awake till sunrise."

Jaden "Then take a nap. I'm wide awake. I'll make sure to wake you up for it."

She didn't even think twice about it. She curled up on the blanket and rested her head in my lap. I looked down at her and felt an overwhelming sense of inspiration. I pulled my phone out and started typing song and lyric ideas. After hours and writing and humming singing softly to myself I saw the sun in the horizon.