Chapter 13

Katie's POV

The next few days were rough in the house. I felt like Bryce and I were both walking on egg shells around each other. We still hadn't come out and told anyone what actually happened. It just hurt to much to even think about let alone talk about it.

I hadn't felt like myself lately. I felt empty and broken. I woke up and made my way downstairs  to make breakfast. I started to make food when Kio must have walked in.

Kio "Good morning sunshine."

Me "Oh hey. Good morning."

Kio "Have anything fun planned today?"

Me "Not really. Im not really in the mood to do anything."

Kio "You haven't been in the mood to do anything at all lately. We really should get you out of this house."

Me "I-I dont know.."

Kio "I'm not taking no for an answer. I was planning on going for a hike, and now youre coming with. Do you want to see if Bryce wants to come?"

Me "No its okay. I think he's busy today."

I felt bad lying to him but I still didnt want to admit what had happened. Once we got done with our food I went up and got changed. I grabbed Vegas's leash and headed out of my room. And just my luck Bryce was right there.

Bryce "Oh hey.."

Me "Hi.. I'm going out with Kio for a bit. Sara is here if anyone needs anything."

Bryce "Okay."

I stood there awkwardly and then walked away. I felt on the verge of a breakdown so maybe it was a good thing I was getting out of the house.

Kio "Ready?"

Me "Yeah lets get out of here."

Kio and I made our way up a trail to the top of a mountain. We took some pictures together and then decided to stop and sit down. I admired the view.

Kio "Can I ask you something?"

Me "Umm sure."

Kio "Whats going on with you and Bryce? Everyone in the house can tell that somethings wrong."

Me "Yeah about that.."

And then I felt it. Everything I had bottled up, all the emotions I had been keeping to myself just kind of came out. Tears started running down my face. Kio didnt say a word, he just put his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

Me "Bryce and I are done, like for good."

Kio "What happened?"

I felt my stomach start to turn. I hadn't told anyone yet but maybe this was a good time to start.

Me "When he went home he kind of cheated on me."

Kio "Kind of? How do you kind of cheat on someone?"

I started to chuckle.

Me "Thats exactly what I said."

He wiped the tears from my cheeks.

Kio "Im sorry that you have to deal with this."

Me "Yeah it really sucks."