Experiment xxv. Out

There should be an exit. There is. I needed to find it. I needed to find it now.

Minho stared at me as he kept following me behind, tracing my steps. It felt uncomfortable and definitely awkward. I spun my head every time I heard or discovered something unusual but kept on searching for the way out. That was my priority right now anyway.

"Nike, the-"

I cut him off, not wanting to hear his voice.

"Don't talk to me, I don't feel safe," I hush him, glaring over my shoulder.

Minho flashes me a hurt expression once again and sighs, looking at the ground. His shoulders are slumped and his eyes look tired. He probably hadn't had any sleep since we've been stuck in here.

Then suddenly the whole maze shook. Rocks crumbled while vines scattered. Minho and I stumbled and I almost fell down again, which I was a little embarrassed for.

"What's happening?" I muster, looking around my surroundings rapidly.

Minho looks frustrated with the hint that he was also furious.

"This was what I was trying to tell you!" he states, directing his arms to the maze. "The walls, shucking move. And we would've gotten out of here if you would've stopped being so stubborn and trust me!"

Biting the bottom of my lip, I distract myself from him. Maybe I was a little harsh. But who could resist the anger that he had caused in the first place?