Experiment xiv. Walls

I stand still, frozen in place. Minho slugs an arm around Newt's shoulder and glances towards me and I swear that I could've heard his body stiffen.

But instead of barking out questions and demands, Minho grinned and said,"Yo. Wanna sleep in my den?"

Newt widens his eyes and shrugs Minho's arm away. He stands beside me as if I was his possession. A thin line places on Newt's face as he held my wrist a little bit too tight.

"Sorry Minho, she's sleeping here tonight," he says, narrowing his eyes.

Minho held his hands up in protest.

"Hey, it's for Nike to decide, not you."

Newt turns his head towards me and suddenly the room got quiet. I open my mouth but quickly shut it.

If I slept with Newt, I would be safe and Minho would be too. Basically everyone. If I went... he might find out about me. And that would not be very appealing. There was something hidden inside me too.

Before WICKED had brought Minho... I felt as if... He and I, somehow were connected. But I don't remember anything before I worked for WICKED. I only remember the mission and my goal.

I knew my decision and I finally opened my mouth to say my answer.

"I'm staying with Newt for tonight."

Minho nodded in agreement but his eyes held a glint of... Disappointment?

I slept on the bed. Apparently, Newt forced me to or it was outside with nothing but my clothes. I shivered at that thought. Kicking the sheets away, I rubbed my eyes. What time it was, that was unrecognizable.

"Let's go!" I hear a familar voice from outside.

I open the curtains and stand on my knees to see Minho and a couple of other gladers getting ready in running stances. I don't remember anything so curiousity held me and my eyes were glued to them.

Suddenly, a rumble occured and to my amazement, the cement wall opened. Cracks and pebbles fell to the ground. Minho and the others counted down from three.

"3"

"2"

"1" we say together.

Then I see them sprint inside.