Experiment xxiv. Hate

"Nike!"

Waking up was a bad decision. Then again, I didn't even know when I fell unconscious. Above me was Minho, looking at me with worry and anxiety. He was battered with dried blood and gashes on his chest or shoulder.

The wound from yesterday healed a little but not enough to keep it from turning into a scar. Minho gave me a hand and pulled me up, grunting.

"Sorry," I quietly murmur, avoiding his eyes at all times.

Minho sighs and runs his hands in his messed up hair.

"Don't run like that again, seriously, you're really shucking fast, I should start calling you a shucking rabbit," he sort of jokes.

I tense up when he grabs my wrist. His warm hands clenching around was too much. I didn't want him to trick me. I'm not letting him break my barriers that I've held up for so long since the Flare.

Oh and let's get one thing straight. WICKED, never took away my memories. I just chose not to remember. And that plan, failed. Horribly.

"Nike, when we get back to the Glade, I need to-" he softly informs.

I cut him off,"No, we don't. There should be nothing for us to talk about. You were fucking stupid to run after me in the maze. All I know is that, you're weak and frightened. I don't need to talk to you. I don't even get why you're talking to me."

The strangled words poured out of my mouth and in my mind, I regretted it. Doing that, I felt incredibly guilty and terrible. Minho had a flash of hurt in his face expression and I made sure mine was expressionless.

"I hate you, I don't even know you and you don't know me. Don't try to reach out just because you want to know my deepest secrets. All the girls fall for you? Let's see this one break you instead, you good for nothing player," I spit out like acid.

Nothing of that was true. No, that would be a lie. Some of that did come from my feelings. I somehow felt a spreading of hatred for Minho. The fluster and the blushes he caused were replaced with new born revenge and savage.

"When we get out, you and I are nothing," I scowl turning my body away from him, looking for an escape, to anywhere.