Experiment ii. Faces

I take out the blueprints and spread them across the dull white glossy and round table. Tracing the white lines that were printed, I feel the smooth aqua blue paper underneath my fingers.

"You can't do this!"

Shifting my attention behind me, I see one of them. He was being dragged by two of the front soldiers who were expressionless from the struggling, as if they were used to it. The black haired boy was heaving, his chest rising up and down with exhaustion from protesting and resisting.

I folded the blueprints back into a scroll and tucked it inside my lab coat. Opening the glass door, I swiftly past the boy and the guards. Almost immediately, they bow slightly and resume pulling the boy into one of the cells.

But just before that, I had made the perfect angled eye contact with him. His brown hazy eyes lazily looked into my blue ocean ones.

"H-Help me..." I hear him whisper, his voice pleading with mercy and hope.

Emotionless, I give a bow to the guards as if a signal to take him away. I don't feel bad for him. No one in WICKED does. We're only researching for the better. To fix the catastrophic world outside this training area.

The boy growls and clenches his cracked hands.

"You won't get away with anything!"

I smirk, deciding not to turn back.

"I'm sorry, but we already have."