37

special chapter 01

fairfarren, alice

“are you going to scarborough fair?”

golden locks swaying along the breeze, as if singing along your melancholic tone.

“parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme...”

your jewelled blue eyes hidden under the curtains of your long lashes fluttered open, softly, slowly. you stared up at the sky, waiting and waiting.

“remember me, to one who lives there...”

your ears perked up when you heard something from the bushes. you turned your head just to see a man with salmon hair donned with rabbit ears walking fast as if he was in a rush. you looked away and returned your gaze back at the sky, continuing your hum:

he, once, was a true love of mine.

you closed your eyes when you heard footsteps nearing your figure that was leaning on a tree. “alice! alice!” margaret, your brother, called.

“what are you doing here, all by yourself?” he asked as you stayed still, enjoying the breeze. margaret stared at your face with his teal gray eyes, his frosted periwinkle hair swaying along the breeze.

margaret frowned, “why aren't you answering me? i'm talking to you..!” he suddenly placed both of his hands in between your head, trapping you.

your eyes widened when the tree that supported your back suddenly vanished and turned into what felt like a hole. you barely had time to react when you lost your balance, tipping over to your back. you watched as margaret's eyes slightly widened; “alice!” he called.

but you knew better.

the last thing you saw before falling into the abyss was the smirk painted in margaret's lips.

you shut your eyes and waited for your fall to end. you hissed when your bum met a heap of grass, ‘it didn't really help...’

you stood on your feet and met face to face with a long hallway. there were tiny, locked doors on the sides and a three legged table on the middle of the hallway. you sighed and went pass the table to look for an exit.

after a few minutes, you slumped down on the ground and curled, giving up. that's when a door with the same size as yours suddenly appeared.

‘i thought so.’ you hid a sly grin before standing up, patting your dress and heading towards the door. you were greeted with a forest as you stepped outside.

you weren't surprised, you knew about this place after all. the land full of wonders and marvels; wonderland.

you scrunched your nose at the smell, you looked up to see a man with a spiky orange hair sitting on top of a large mushroom, smoking what seemed like a hookah.

“are you who they call, 'mr. caterpillar'?” you asked. the man set his sharp, green grey eyes at you: “who are you?” you raised a brow, “i am alice.”

the man blinks back in surprise, “alice? you are not alice.” you narrowed your brows and looked away, “.. you sure love to trick people.” you gave a comment before walking away.

you wandered around before stopping at a voice: “if it isn't our little mad alice..!” you immediately recognized the voice– antagonistic, dark, and playful; it was the cheshire cat.