26

choco

feat. atsuya grumbling

“hmnn...”

you stretched your arms as you looked down at the pile of books on your desk.

so far, you have finished three books since earlier in the morning, to your surprise (“another record, heh”). you glanced up at the clock, ‘two o'clock? i swear i thought it was already five...’

you shivered and hugged yourself at the cold, glancing at the window behind you. you pondered whether to close the windows or let it be, “oh well, it's good to feel cold once in a while so...”

a knock suddenly snapped you from your thoughts. you made a soft hum as a response, and there stood shirou holding a tray of two mugs and some sweets.

“hey, i thought you might be feeling cold and hungry so i brought you something that could warm you up.” he said with a smile, giving your windows a quick glance.

“oh my, how sweet of you. thanks, shirou.” you gave him a smile (to which he quickly commented, “how unfair, that smile is a foul”).

he placed the tray on top of the coffee table and sat on your couch. you stood from your desk and sat beside him. shirou handed you your mug and took a sip from his.

“hot choco with marshmallows... you sure know me well.” you lazily gave him a grin (which was more of a smirk) and took a few sips before grabbing a butter cookie and taking a bite.

shirou only smiled as a response before saying, “well, we've known each other long enough for me to know your likes and dislikes.” you only chuckled.

the two of you fell into a comfortable silence (except for the ocassional sips), enjoying the peace and the warmth of each other's presence.

shirou flinched (and inwardly choked) when he felt a weight on his lap. he looked down to see you on your back, with your head on his lap, eyes closed.

“i'm beat...” you groaned as you felt shirou relax and run his fingers through your hair, just like how you do it to them (which happens a lot).

“rest, manager.” he whispered as you silently obeyed, “hm...”

shirou watched as your chest heaved up and down in a calming pace. he heard from nosaka that your insomnia had been acting up again, and so he came to help you fall asleep.

he carefully dug through his pockets and stared at the scent stone, a lavender one. he averted his gaze unto you and smiled,

you've finally fell asleep.

“... sweet dreams.” shirou whispered as he grabbed your hand and intertwine your fingers with his, staying still from his position.

— hours later

“aniki?”

the door suddenly opened, shirou turned his head and blinked, “what is it, atsuya?”

atsuya paused at the door, “how long have you been sitting in that position?” the younger took note of his older brother's shaking legs. “your legs are numb.” shirou only smiled shyly, “i couldn't risk waking her, she haven't slept for a while.”

atsuya only sighed, resisting the urge to go and switch with his brother (aww he wants to play with your hair and stare at your sleeping face too uwu). “... dinner's ready, kidou and the others cooked.” he said as shirou nodded, “eat without me.”

and then shirou and the sleeping beauty was left alone once again.

omg guys im v sorry huhu
i kinda forgot i haven't updated yet
bc i got too into this game called
evertale or sumn lol
anyways, im v sorry
🥺👉🏻👈🏻