10

home is where we'll always be

feat. tequila rose

it was one of the rare times you came to the yearly reunion of the soccer players (and the coaches and managers). you dressed yourself quite nicely but not too much that you stand out (well you did actually).

you actually planned to stick with the boys for minimal contact with other people since you don't have the energy to socialize right now but unfortunately, you and the boys got separated due to the other females dragging you away (and the other soccer players– namely ichinose, domon, froy, clario, etc. – crowding your boys).

“it's so nice to see you again, y/n.” norika exclaimed as she held your hands tightly. “yes, it's nice to see you too, norika.” you chuckled and felt a hand suddenly playing with your (precious) hair.

“your hair grew longer, y/n.” aki pointed out as you glanced down at your hair, “you think so? i actually trimmed my hair last month because it grew past my waist already, but i didn't think it'd grow longer this soon.” you said as you sighed.

“how about we go visit the salon this week together? i actually need to get my hair done too.” anna suggested as you smiled, “i'd love to! haruna, you wanna come too?” you asked as haruna nodded with a smile. “i'll come too! my fringes are getting longer as well.” tsukushi said, raising her hand.

“actually, how about we all go together?” natsumi said as she and fuyuka nodded. “that sounds great!” you and the girls giggled. “wait a minute, i'm gonna go to the restroom first.” you excused yourself as the girls nodded and conversed.

you can't believe you (with your poor sense of direction) actually got lost on your way back from the rest room.

you tried to approach a butler, who instead offered you a drink from his tray. you hesitatingly took the glass and tried once again but the butler had already left.

“now, what exactly do i do with this...” you mumbled with a sigh. you sniffed the glass and brightened at the smell. “it smells like strawberry milkshake..!” you exclaimed and downed the glass. “oh my, this actually tastes nice.” you giggled and found a new goal:

search for that butler and ask for another glass.

“oomf–”

you felt the world spin when you (and your drunk ass) bumped into someone. “hmm?” the person turned and blinked at you. “aren't you hikaru's manager?” the person beside him turned as well and looked at you out of surprise, “y/n..?”

“oooh if it– isn'ttt yurika...” you giggled and hugged the female. “it's been long since– i saw youuu...” you said as you giggled once again and hiccuped.

yurika gently pulled away (“aww, why did you pull away from my huggg?”) and held you by the shoulders. “y/n, are you  drunk?” you shook your head and waved your hands, “no, no... i'm not drunk, nope nope...” you slurred.

“woah, her face is so flushed...”

yurika ignored froy, who was beside her, and sighed. she took your hand and started to lead you somewhere. “oh noooo, where are you– taking meeee? i need– to go find that butlerrrr...” you said and stopped on your tracks.

“ohh right, yurikaaa, since when– did you have a– snowflake man trailing behind youuu?” you asked pointing at froy, who blinked and giggled.

“snowflake man? is she referring to me?”

“mr. snowflake, snowflake... falling from the sky... snowflake, snowflake... snowflakey, flakey...” you giggled while looking up. “huh? that's manager!” you faintly heard a voice that sounds like ichihoshi's.

“was that– god calling for– me?” you mumbled as you giggled.

“okay princess, fun time is over, the devil is taking you home now.” suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around your waist and held you up (“i'm flyinggg!”), before bringing an arm under your knees and another on your back.

“yurika, you're here!” asuto exclaimed with a grin as yurika waved with a small smile. “froy, thanks for watching over manager. she's quite... troublesome when she's drunk.” ichihoshi said whilst rubbing his nape sheepishly. “it's fine, i enjoyed it anyway.” froy said with a laugh.

“haizaki, careful, you might drop her.” kidou said as he (and mizukamiya) let out a laugh at the two of you.

“it's– ryouhei's hair! so pretty, so silky and– soft, so pretty...” you mumbled between hiccups, playing (grabbing) with haizaki's hair. “oi, stop it.” haizaki growled as he sighed, he really wants to drop you right now but gouenji is watching him with a certain scary look (“drop her if you dare” kind of look).

“hah... i'm bringing you home now.” he said as he carried you all the way to the exit and to the parking area.

the silence made haizaki grow curious, so he looked down at you just to see you already asleep with your head buried in his chest and your hands clutching on his coat weakly.

“her actual sleeping face turned out as how i imagined it to be...” he mumbled while gazing at your sleeping face, your brows knitted and your long lashes touching your cheeks with your small plump lips slightly opened.

he watched as your chest heaved up and down slowly. haizaki has always loved your breathing pace; it was so calm and gentle, just like your personality (well, partially). he swears he could actually hear your breathing pattern forever and not get bored of it.

“i'm going home as well.” haizaki turned to see atsuya. “me too.” hiroto showed up behind.

“oi!!!” the three of them looked to see endou and the rest, running to catch up to them.

“looks like we're all following y/n home.” endou said as he laughed. “we always do.” gouenji pointed out as endou laughed once again,

“right... let's go home!”