17

gift

feat. you deadass preparing your gift in front of the birthday boi

“woah, it sure is lively here...” (‘too lively...’)

you mumbled, stopping by the entrance.
tatsuya only smiled, “well, they're preparing for a party after all.” you blinked, “a party? that explains.” you stared at the busy crowd as tatsuya led you in. “yeah, it's someone's birthday today.”

you stopped, horrified, “it's a birthday party? and you didn't tell me? you jerk, i don't have a gift with me right now!” you shook your head (“i won't come in, tatsuya. it's gonna hurt my rich pride, i. won't.”).

tatsuya chuckled and grabbed your arm, dragging you. “that doesn't matter, that kid doesn't accept our gifts so it's basically useless to try to buy him a gift.” he said with a sad smile as you paused, “so it's a kid? and he doesn't accept his birthday gifts?” tatsuya nodded, “yeah, he doesn't. such a weird kid, right?”

“oh? tatsuya, you've arri–” the both of you turned to see a surprised reina. “oh my, i must've surprised you very much...” you trailed off, scratching your head.

“is that you, y/n..?” reina immediately dropped the banners and raced to you, grabbing your hands with a smile. “oh my, is that really you? you looked prettier!” she showers you compliments as you only giggled. “stop teasing me...” you jested as the both of you giggled.

“aah, come in, come in! we prepared a lot of food, we're having a party today, to be honest. well, i'm sure tatsuya already filled you with the details.” she trailed off, giving tatsuya a quick glance.

“yeah, he told me it's a birthday boy. aah, but i don't have a gift with me. tatsuya just dragged me from our supposed grocery shopping and didn't tell me where we were going.” you explained as reina giggled, “aah, well, that's fine. the birthday boy doesn't accept any gifts anyways.”

“yeah, that's what i heard.” you said as reina nodded with a smile, “such a stubborn kid.”

“oi, reina, what's taking you so–” a red haired male appeared from behind reina, holding a box of party poppers. his eyes suddenly widened when he noticed your presence, “woah– what is y/n l/n doing here?” (“oi, haruya, she's our guest! stop being rude!”)

“y/n l/n? she's here?” another male followed nagumo, “oh, suzuno!” you greeted and waved. “woah... it feels refreshing to see your faces.” you grinned. (“aah, i also have to go see hitomiko (san) later...”)

“so? where's the birthday boy?” you asked, trying to search amongst the crowd. “aah... about that...” reina only sighed with a frown.

“he won't come out of his room at all...”

it's already past lunch time and all of you were still waiting for the birthday boy to come out.

you were already given a short briefing (by ryuuji) about the birthday boy and his name turned out to be kariya masaki.

apparently, kariya became an orphan at the age of eleven. his father left him at the orphanage because he simply couldn't look after kariya anymore. too shocked, this led kariya to distance himself from the others and force himself to be independent.

“nope, i'm not having this. if we let him be, we'll have to starve til night. i'm too hungry to wait.” you said, clapping your hands as the boys looked at you. “i'll go see him.” you announced as suzuno sighed, “will he listen to you, though?”