That really pissed him off. His hands tightened into fists as he motions for the others to stay back, and runs at me with a lame excuse for a punch. Little does he know that I've been sparring at Atlantis's dojo for the past year so this should be easy. I block his punch aimed at my head with my left arm and swiftly uppercut him in the stomach, probably bruising a rib in the process. While he falls to the floor clutching his stomach, I kick him in head, knocking him out. I glare at the rest of the alphas still circled around me. "Unless you want to end up like him, you better leave. NOW."

I really don't want to deal them since they seem a bit tougher than Luke, but apparently, they're all just as stupid and prideful as him. As the bell for class rings they all rush at me with attacks.

Great. Now I'm going to be late.

Grayson's POV

I am SO ready for the school day to end. Lunch just ended and I miss being able to be on my phone and goof off with my friends. Though speaking of which, it's weird that Luke and a couple of alphas from the team were missing from the lunch table today. He said that he had something to do for a class so he wouldn't make it, but the others being gone as well is strange. I asked Vic where they were, and even HE didn't know. Vic doesn't talk a lot but somehow, he always knows what's going on with everyone. I don't know, maybe I'm being paranoid.

I don't like this either.

I jolt a bit startled by Onyx, my wolf. I swear it's definitely a challenge getting used to a voice in your head.

So I'm not paranoid.

No

Well, what do you think?

Luke is a shady boy, he's probably up to something.

I enter my history class and sit down at the back, near some betas from the team.

Idk, maybe he's off playing a prank on someone like usual.

No, something's wrong. I can feel it. But since I'm still a new wolf I can't determine why.

Well, while you do that I'm going to nap in class.

Don't

To late!

I lay my head down on my arms and get ready to sleep through class, when I hear Eli mentioned in the beta's conversation. I listen in.

"Yeah dude, Josh said that Zack, Quincy, and him are gonna get in on it to!"

"Dude, that's like eight against one! He'll be lucky if he can even walk after getting beaten up that badly."

"Well that's what that omega deserves for trying to go against alphas."

I bolt up out of my seat and storm over to the two betas. Slamming my hands on the desk between them I stare down the one who was giving out the information with my now golden alpha eyes.

"WHERE. ARE. THEY." I growl out.

"B-b-b-back of the g-gym," he squeaks out, and I hurry out of the classroom without a second thought. My history teacher was late anyways (like always) so I don't have to worry about skipping. But while I'm running down the hall and out of the building I can't help but think about what I just did. I'm not sorry about using my alpha voice this time but why am I trying to save Eli? I don't even like him and he probably hates me even more now! So why am I doing this?

I run to the back of the gym and take in the scene in front of me. Luke is the first one on the ground that I recognize, lying in his own vomit in the fetal position. There are six other guys on the ground either knocked out or groaning in pain. Then I look up to see Eli knock down the last alpha with a side kick to the gut. His wavy brown hair falls in front of his face as he braces himself on his knees, panting for air.

I make my way over to him and he looks up, getting back into a fighting stance but wobbling a bit. "Woah, woah it's okay I'm not here to attack you," I say, throwing up my hands in surrender. He clearly doesn't look convinced so I do something never thought I'd ever have to do; I bare my neck to him. A person submitting to someone of lower status than them doesn't happen often, but it's an effective way to calm a person down and show them that you're not a threat. He seems shocked by my action but slowly relaxes his stance. I hesitantly approach him until we're a foot apart.

"Why are you here?" he says, rubbing his sore arm. Looks like those alphas were still able to get a few punches in on him, the assholes.

"I should be asking you the same thing. You look like crap," I say, giving him a small laugh. He doesn't look amused.

"Well before you crack anymore horrible jokes, can you promise me something."

"What?"

"Make sure I don't split my head open on the ground." And before I can ask what he means, he passes out from exhaustion. I quickly catch him and carry him princess style. Man, this guy needs to lose some weight! Unfortunately, I have to carry his heavy ass all the way to the nurse's office. The weird thing about this, besides me helping Eli, is that I can smell a light scent of strawberries off of him. It must be his omega scent.

Thankfully, it's not because of his heat starting since that can only happen when he turns fifteen. But young omegas usually release their scent more when they're happy or feel safe. So how come I could smell it now? Whatever, too much has happened today for me to think about stupid stuff like this. Once I get to the nurse's office, I tell her about the others still outside. She tells me to lay Eli on one of the beds, and wait here while she goes to assess the situation. I set him down on a bed and sit on one of the nearby chairs. 

I guess I'll be here for a bit.