Chapter 6 🐾 Her Pain

Richard's pov.

They equally agree with me. I felt my shoulders relax some...I didn't realize I was so tense waiting for their response.

My daughter then walks to me and places her cute little hands on my knee. "I always wanted a daddy...will you love me very much like mommy does?" My heart completely softens hearing her sweet voice. My hands shake as I swallow another lump in my throat.

I need her to know what she means to me. I pick her up and place her in my lap so we are at eye level. I feel the bond between father and pup immediately. Like I've loved her all my life...and I'd fight many battles to see her protection. She's very beautiful with long wavy hair like her mother...she looks like her mother but she has my eyes dark like night...she's perfect. I can never be without her. Our bond is love eternal. Her curious doe-like eyes make my inner chest hurt with all the emotions surging forward.

"Daddy already love's you just like mommy does. From the very first moment, I saw you to be exact. You are very beautiful my Lilly." I engulf her little head in my hands and kiss her forehead. She giggles kicking her little feet, so happy. Making me in turn chuckle at her cuteness. Adorable.

There are no truer words than that of what I just told her though. My sons rooted to stand right next to his mother... eyebrows knitted in...assessing me. Since his mother broke into tears, he must see me as the problem.

I wonder what it is he sees when looking at me with such curiosity..what?...strength...weakness...maybe he doubts my ability to take care of them...I don't know. His protectiveness is admirable to witness. He will be one hell of a wolf to trifle that's for certain. I clear my rough throat. The situation almost has me speechless but in awe.

"Okay, let's be on our way...get you guys settled in your new rooms. Alright." I tell them.

Winter's going to follow me with the pups to our residence. For the first time in...I can't even remember I feel an ora of completeness settling over me. Truthfully...I'll never not accept another blessing from the moon Goddess. I wish I could have read what this would feel like in a book...or had someone tell me. My stupidity almost lost me everything. I would have never had pups with Amy, so I've only really started thinking of them in the last few years. I'm already a father.

I knew the love my parents had for one another...it was true love. Love with Amy had no bond through just purely love.

This all feels so different...too fast...but I want them now they are mine. I will never them go and I will cherish them for the rest of all my days!

Winter's pov.

We are all in the car buckled up following Richard to his residence.

Now I can finally breathe some and my boggled mind's clearing. I'm trying to take it all in...I wonder how long Amy's been gone an why wait so long to come for us? I'm physically and mentally exhausted. I have to many unanswered questions. I know whatever he had expected he wasn't expecting two pups.

The bond...tries to weaken you so your wolf can take over and complete fate. His very proximity to me is overbearing...taking my very air...my heart pulsating heavily...my skin tingly...the bond stretching and pulling me toward's him.

How am I going to live with him under the same roof I add at that...with my body betraying me letting him see how weak I am for him...it's not good. I can do this, I tell myself...I can! It would just be easier if the bond didn't take away all logical thought processes with it!

"Mommy, don't worry...you always have me and Lilly...don't cry it makes something inside me feel awful." Julious states sadly. One glance at his perfect face and I can tell he's troubled with things a five-year-old should never be troubled with. Oh, my heart.

I didn't realize I had started to leak so I reached up with the back of my hand and quickly removed the evidence. Deep breaths...deep breaths...

"I loves you, mommy, it's all going to be okay," Lilly says to me. Shes right too. We will make it. We never give up.

My pups are strong. I need to straighten up and get myself together. I've always been strong...been their mother and father...I can't let them see me like this. I need to be strong too! Richard's right Julious is his heir...and he will need his father's protection. I'll just take one day at a time. In all honesty, we will all need his protection because the one who will come for us should never be trifled with either.

We start to arrive at a cute-looking farmhouse... it's big...white...and it has a porch swing...it's a big porch. There's a big yard too. We lived in an apartment, so this is really nice! The pack we came from had multiple buildings, all apartment buildings for their members. In my home pack, we have houses and buildings, and stores because it's in itself a town-owned by the Mongolian Wolf tribe.

Didn't picture Richard as the farmhouse type though, but it's lovely. Just didn't see that coming. What did I see coming today though? His office was blah...I park get out and go to Lilly's side to unbuckle her...I feel him...he's too close...all the air in my chest seems to abandon me...I try to step back distance myself from him to get my lungs to start functioning...and my knees go out from under me.

I hit the grass on my hand and my knees. My right hand clutched tightly to my chest...I need air. Oh, Moon Goddess! Tears are fogging up, my eyes rolling out the corners of my eyes...I hear Julious's panicked voice...then face come into my vision... His little eye's huge with worry. "Mommy...mommy...what's happening? What's wrong? Mommy...look at me! Breathe!" He's panicking at my distress.

A moment later, I finally pull some air into my lungs...I cough violently. I was only seconds from passing out. That----was freaky! I turn my head and Lillys crying...Richard has her in his arms trying to calm her. I gasp for air greedily while in anger. This is what I will have to overcome. Impossible! Border line insanity!

This bastard knows what he's doing to me! Thank Goddess he's got Lilly in his arms or I would kick him in his face! Why get so close? Was he trying to kill me? I mean he did about literally suck the life force outta me for Pete's sake!

I have to get used to this bond...it has to get easier, right? I was only ever close to him that one night, but I don't remember anything because of the pain I was under from my heating...it still has to get easier than this at least.

I pick myself up from the ground. " Thank you, Goddess," Julious says while clutching his own chest and looking at me with wide concerned eyes. He helps steady me upright like the very good young man he is. I look at my...mate...still panting for air.

I see the concern in his eyes... eyebrows knitted, eyes trying to see unseeable damage. He will never know the extent of all the damage he has forced upon me since the day I knew he was mine. "Are you alright? I know now I shouldn't have gotten so close. I just wanted to assist you with the pups...I know right now it doesn't seem like it but it.will.get.easier. I promise." Richard tells me kindly although the concern in his voice and eyes give way. "Please, let's all go inside." He tells us but his feet don't move as were locked in eye contact. He wants to say more. His lips move multiple times with no words. He shakes his head instead breaking eye contact.

Good. He needs to feel guilt. He was supposed to be my everything. Look at the mess you've created, Richard.