Uterior Motives And Planting Explosives

The sky cracked and screamed the whole night

The sky cracked and screamed the whole night. I was nervously shaking and moving in my sheets. I didn't like thunderstorms. When I was younger, I used to curl up in my mothers arms whenever thunderstorms came. I missed her now, last I'd heard from them, they were sun bathing on the beaches of Monte Carlo. I was happy for them. I couldn't wait to tell them all about AJ.

My thoughts were intercepted by the sound of the sky breaking in half. I almost screamed. I scrambled out of bed. I couldn't sleep. Then I remembered, AJ told me his room was next door. Would he think I was being too desperate? Would he even be awake? Then again thunder flashed so loud that the glass in the windows began to shake.

'Okay I don't care what he thinks, I'm going' I thought to myself as I creeped out of my room very silently. Looking ahead of me I saw two rooms. One was to the inside of the penthouse and the other was bulging out, it must have a spectacular view I thought.

Which one would be AJ's? I chose the latter. And carefully opened the door, trying my best not to make a noise. The room was dark, besides the light creeping in from the huge windows, they were a whole wall of glass. I could see the sky flash in white just as another, thunder broke through.

I scrambled into bed, I knew it was AJ the moment I saw the fedora hat neatly perched on the side. He didn't have a shirt on and his gold hair looked like silk. He seemed fast asleep. Maybe this was wrong. I shouldn't creep in like this. I began to leave, when the loudest, scariest and most angry flash of thunder cracked through the sky, it shook the windows and rattled the place up.

I muffled a slight Yelp of terror. But the lightning had woken AJ up anyway. He looked around groggily, until he laid his eyes on the terrified me. He sat up suddenly. And looked concerned.

"Delilah? What happened, are you okay?" He said, his voice, raspy. One hand going up to rub his eyes open.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep. I hate the thunder," I said apologetically.

He startled me with a quick smile.

"That's okay, do you mind sharing the bed?" He asked.
"I can sleep on the chair too though. If you just want to be in the same room."

But before I could say anything another crackle from the sky sent me jumping straight into his arms. I could smell his familiar scent of mint and Vanilla. He grabbed me and held me gently.

"Woah, you're really scared." He chuckled.

"It's okay, you don't need to go anywhere, please don't go anywhere. I hate storms."
I said quickly.

"I won't leave. Not unless you want me too."

He looked down at me, grinning. Then laid back down. With me still in his arms. He was warm and nice. And I slept easily through the night, thunder and lightning crackled and tore through the sky all night long.