Ch. 15 - Family Approval

Depuis le début

You smiled. "Good night."

The next morning you woke to a still empty bed. Yoongi had passed out downstairs after all. You decided to leave him to his studio, unsure if he even wanted your presence in there.

So instead you busied yourself with breakfast and some cleaning. Just as you were finishing up the dishes, the doorbell rang.

You walked over the door and opened it, half expecting to see Jin saying that you'd left something in his car the previous night.

Instead, you were greeted by someone else. Tall figure, brown messy hair, and big doe eyes to match his boyish face.

"Jungkook?"

"Hey...cousin," he replied. You both immediately winced at the nickname.

"(Y/N) is fine. Really."

He cleared his throat. "Right, sorry. Still not used to Yoongi having a wife. Is he here?"

"Yeah, he's passed out in his studio. You can come in and wait for him."

Jungkook came through the door before realizing what you'd said. "Studio?"

"You didn't think I was going to leave it behind, did you?" another voice drawled. You and Jungkook turned to see Yoongi shuffling towards the couch, blanket still firmly wrapped around his shoulders.

"Just surprised you mentioned it already. Anything worth listening to yet?"

You went back to finishing up the dishes while they talked. 

You hadn't interacted much with Jeon Jungkook. There was bad blood between the Jeons and the Mins. Or at least, that what you'd heard. The two sons got along well and aside from some slight ribbing and jokes here and there, they never had a bad word to say about the other. You had asked Jin about it during the rehearsal dinner when you'd seen them together.

He had told you that the animosity was really on the parents' side, not their sons. Mr. Min was always trying to outdo his brother-in-law and the fact that Jungkook was an heir to a successful company despite being the younger boy did nothing to derail his desires. He often pitted Yoongi against the other boy with little success (as the two didn't care for the family drama) and you had a feeling that your marriage had also been created to close the distance between their successes.

"How's your old man?" Yoongi asked.

"Same as always, although now he's wondering when I'm going to settle down too."

Jungkook was still single as far as you knew, so to have Yoongi suddenly get married and become heir to a company all at once seemed to make him the "better" cousin as far as the family was concerned. You had no idea if that was actually true or not.

"Oh, right. Sorry if you got forced you into coming to this dinner."

"No worries. My dad would've probably done the same thing if the roles were reversed. They just love to rub everything in each other's faces."

Oh. So maybe it was true.

"That's actually why I'm here," he continued. "My dad thinks I've stopped by a couple of times before so I wanted to see your new place for myself. Make sure I don't look too surprised at the party."

"Great. (Y/N) can show you around."

You glanced up. "What?"

"I need to shower and change clothes," Yoongi explained. "Go on, I'll catch up in a bit."

Jungkook shrugged, turning to look back at you. "Lead the way."

He'd already seen the foyer and the living room, so you showed him the dining room. "This is where we'll be eating at the party."