[35] Breaking Point

*Second Person POV*

"Hiccup, you sure got your work cut out for you today," a young man laughs and claps Hiccup on the back.

Hiccup stumbles and grimaces, "Hello to you too, Eret." Eret himself is a muscular guy, so you can only assume that hurt. His beefy, scarred arms can tell you that much. He wears a confident smirk, a blue tattoo on his chin constantly draws your eye.

"Who are the new faces?" Eret looks to you and Varor behind the Chief. Crossing his arms over his sleeveless furry vest.

"Oh, uh, these are some new friends," Hiccup gestures to you two. "Varor and (Y/N)."

Eret nods, "Nice to meet you. Anyway, Hiccup, there are quite a few traders here. I just thought I would give you a heads up."

"Thanks," Hiccup smiled nervously. "This will probably take a while." He turned to Varor, "You guys might want to hang back, but stay close."

"Don't worry Hiccup," Varor rolled his eyes. "We will." Hiccup nodded, satisfied with that answer. He turns back and picks up a conversation with Eret as you all head over to the boats. You couldn't help but look around. The dock's walkways are not that big. Well, not big enough for a large timberjack to walk around. You had to leave Rahzar back on land, where if you looked over, you can still see his honey eyes following your form as he sits there. Skyler, Remus, and Toothless could still stick around though, being decent sized dragons. The docks are much like the market area in the village. There's energy in the air and a sense of hustle and bustle. Vikings walking by and going about their business. Mostly fishermen bringing in their catch or getting ready to set out. Even dragons are flying around carrying huge nets filled with barrels from the ships. The scent of fish and salt of the sea blows through the air from the ocean breeze.

Hiccup eventually comes up to a group of people waiting by various crates filled with items. As soon as he arrives, they are on him like terrible terrors to treats. Hiccup, having experience with this kind of thing now, calmly gets them to settle down and tell him their concerns.

"Looks like Hiccup has this covered," Varor remarks, putting his hands behind his head.

You nod in response but say nothing. Only fiddling with your necklace as you watch Hiccup handle things.

Varor glances over at you, "Okay, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," you reply shortly.

"(Y/N), even without your memory I can still read you like an open book. Something is obviously bothering you." Varor drops his arms and stares down at you evenly.

Skyler nudges your side, giving you a comforting gurgle. You pet her head, causing her to lean into your touch. "Well, since the new memory. I've... kinda been wondering what else was our home's like."

Varor laughs, "You could've just asked me. It's not like I'm bound by our vow to not talk about things like that."

"So," you press, "What was it like?"

Varor hums in thought, "Cold, I'll tell you that. Far colder then it is here on Berk. It's never really not cold. Remus even had to bundle up sometimes." Remus growls, harshly bumping into Varor's legs. "Woah!" Varor nearly falls over, and if you hadn't grabbed his arm, he would have gone for a swim in the ocean. Once balanced, Varor laughs it off, "Hey, it's true!" Remus huffs, growling irritably.

Skyler dragon laughs at the two of them. Remus looks away, shifting his wings. You smile, "Anything else? Besides the weather."

Varor takes on an overly serious look, hand to his chin. "I'm not entirely sure what you know already, but.... the place is not exactly out in the open."