[9] A Clue to the Past

*Second Person POV*

"Stop squirming little guy," You laughed. The little orange Terrible Terror you're washing had decided to wiggle and splash about in the bucket you're washing it in. The Terror made a playful growling noise as it splashed you with its wing. You laughed at his antics. You knew it was a boy, because you had found that you knew quite a bit about dragons. Hiccup had said that you might have picked up the skills in your past somehow, but is puzzled on why you have such skills. You didn't question it much anymore, and decided to help out Valka in the stables. It's been a few days since you woke up, and you wanted to do something helpful in order to repay their hospitality.

"Wonderful job!" You heard a voice praise behind you, breaking you from your thoughts. You felt a hand rest on your shoulder as you turned to the familiar voice. It was Valka, looking down at the Terror playing around in the bucket with a smile. You smile at her praise and look at the Terror with her. "You are really good with dragons. Maybe even better than my son," she commented.

"Thanks. But I don't think I'm that good," you replied. Valka responded by chuckling and patting your shoulder before removing her hand.

"I think this little one is done, don't you think?" She said after the Terror flicked some water on her with his tail. You laughed and nodded in agreement. You watched as Valka took the towel from the stool next to you with the soap and brush you were using to clean the dragon. The Terror growled as Valka approached him slowly, arms outstretched. It was obvious that this dragon didn't want to get out. So as soon as Valka took him out of the bucket, he wiggled free. And began to run all over the place with a laughing Valka running after the dragon. You giggled and decided to help catch the mischievous thing, but the little fella wasn't going to go easy on you. You had to duck under dragon wings, hop over tails, and maneuver around things to reach the Terror. Just as the Terror was about to reach the exit of the dragon stable, which is the building you're in, you lunged and just barely snatched up the little dragon into your arms.

"Got him!" You shouted victoriously, smiling wide. The Terror struggled in your grip till you scratched it under the chin. Making it purr and relax in your grip, enjoying you scratching it.

"Good... Now lets get him... with the others. He still isn't ready to leave yet," Valka said panting. You nodded and looked sadly down at the little guy. One of his wings was damaged in the storm, that's why he wasn't flying when you chased him, and also why he's here in the stables.

"Mom!" A familiar voice called from the entrance. You looked up and saw Hiccup running over to Valka. Toothless following not so far behind.

"What is it Hiccup?" She asked her son. Probably as curious as you as why he came in such a rush.

"We found something peculiar just on the edge of the village." Hiccup sorta explained.

"What did you find?" You called over your shoulder as you put the Terror where he belongs.

"Come with me. I'll show you." Hiccup answered. You walked back over next to Valka. Who grabbed her staff that was leaning on the wall. And banged it on the floor, causing the thud to echo across the stables. Next thing you know, you yelp from the sudden appearance of Valka's Stormcutter descending from the ceiling. You hear Hiccup and Toothless laugh at you. You stick out your tongue in response as Valka put Cloudjumper in charge. Now knowing someone is looking over the stables, Valka walks over to her son, motioning for him to take us there.

~~~~~~~~( Time skip to you arriving at what hiccup wants to show you )~~~~~~~~

"Here it is." Hiccup says, motioning his hand to the ground. You look where he's motioning to see clumps of tan fur littering the ground. With claw marks in the dirt, as if something big was struggling to do something. But that isn't what caught your eye the most. While Valka is examining the fur and size of the prints. You walk over to a small object on the ground. Its looks to be a necklace with a your symbol as its charm. But twice the size, and the string is actually a thick leather strip, far bigger than a person's neck. You bend over and pick it up, and without knowing why, a feeling of worry comes over you.

"Strange..." Valka says behind you. You turn and look at her, finding her leaned over a set of claw marks. "These are dragon tracks, similar to a Nightfury's. But this fur has to have come from it... It must be injured telling by the struggle. Maybe... having trouble flying." Valka said. Your amazed how she got all that from this mess.

"I was thinking the same thing. The riders and I are going to search for this mysterious dragon. And telling by the necklace, ... maybe dragon rider." Hiccup pointed out.

"How can we help?" Valka said, standing up again.

"I need you to keep an eye out for anything. Just in case the rider decides to show up in town." Hiccup said. You frowned.

"Can't we help search?" You protested. Hiccup shook his head no.

"They could be dangerous, and I need Valka to also watch over the village while I'm gone. And you are still suffering from memory loss." Hiccup explains. You open your mouth to object more, but you only shut it once you realize he's not changing his mind. You look down at the over-sized necklace in your hands. Valka nods before Hiccup climbs aboard Toothless and takes off into the sky.

"I'm going to town hall. You can do what you want till Hiccup gets back." Valka said patting your shoulder before she left. Once her footsteps faded, you clutched the necklace tighter. 'Hiccup's not going to stop me from searching. Especially if they might be from my past.' You thought with determination before going off into the wilderness.