[12] Dragon Training

(Pic is a drawing of a Woolly Howl I did of the reader's dragon)

*Second Person's POV*

          It's the day after you found out you're a rider. You are currently walking to the dragon training area. Hiccup, Toothless, and Skyler are with you. Hiccup would have flown ahead, but he wanted to keep an eye on Skyler. Probably Astrid made him do it. And it sorta surprises you that the dragon hasn't run off yet to explore the town. Instead she sticks closely by your side, looking about in wonder at the sights around her. You looked at your dragon's right wing that is bandaged to her side. You had taken her to Valka after Skyler had calmed down around the others. Well, ... she was still mistrusting of Astrid, she would not let Astrid any where near her. At least Skyler trusted Valka enough to treat her. You still felt sad for your dragon, since its now earth bound. But even with a injured wing, it doesn't seem to keep the dragon's spirits down.

        You found yourself smiling at the memory from this morning. Skyler had decided to wake you up by jumping on you in the bed. And since she's WAY heavier than you, it hurt quite a bit. But she quickly made up for the pain with slobbery dragon kisses. Skyler had also made breakfast quite interesting. Especially when somehow she ended up getting eggs stuck in her fur, and possibly start a small kitchen fire. Thankfully, Hiccup was able to put it out in time before the entire house caught fire. 'That's certainly one way to start the day.' You thought with a smile.

        A light push from Skyler broke you from your thoughts. Skyler then motioned with her head to in front of you. Looking up, you see that you've arrived at the dragon training arena. Hiccup went inside a head of you, with you following behind. The moment Skyler saw Astrid, she bared her fangs and let out a low growl.

        "Nice to see you too." Astrid responded, glaring back from her place on Stormfly's back.

        "Calm down guys. We're all friends here right?" Hiccup said, being peacekeeper. Skyler responded by sitting down and rolling her eyes, deliberately looking away from Astrid. Astrid also looked away but with a scoff, while crossing her arms. Toothless looked at Hiccup from his sitting position. His half lidded eyes seeming to say, 'That went well'. Hiccup sighed and shook his head at their actions.

        "You two are being just as bad as the twins right now." Hiccup said looking between the Viking and dragon.

        "Nah, we're worse." Ruffnut butted in. Backed up by her twin with, "Yeah! I once set our house on fire!"

        "Come on. I want to see what this ... whatever this dragon is called got." Snotlout said motioning to Skyler.

        "Its a Wolly Howl. Valka told us yesterday, Remember?" Fishlegs reminded.

        "I remember! I just wanted to see if you remembered." Snoutlout said looking away with a puffed up chest, arms crossed. Trying to keep his dignity intact.

        "Alright guys, settle down. I don't think we'll learn anything from questioning someone who has no memory. Besides, its time to start training." Hiccup spoke up before some bickering can start up. Which made everyone turn to him. "Now ..." He started by clapping his hands together. "Since (Y/N) has amnesia, and has been reunited with her dragon. We are going to go simple today." When Hiccup said that, Snotlout decided to speak up.

        "Why can't we just have (Y/N) show us what she already knows about dragon riding. Since she already has some knowledge of dragons. I want to see what she's got first." He said. The twins nodded in agreement.

        "He makes a good point." Fishlegs pointed out. Hiccup thought this over for a second.

        "Fine. But we're still giving her help if she needs it." Hiccup agreed. Then they all turned to you. Making you feel a bit uncomfortable being thrown under the spotlight.

        "Umm ... alright." You responded, feeling unsure of yourself. Skyler stood back on all fours and gave you a reassuring look. Before you hopped onto her back, quite easily might I add. You shrugged it off as experience when you got on Stormfly. You looked down at her wing. There is no way you will be flying today, so what are you going to do? You look up at the others for advice.

        "Um .. May I suggest ground maneuvers? Since she can't fly." Fishlegs said.

        "Good idea Fishlegs." Hiccup praised. Then they all looked back at you. 'Okay then ... umm.' You thought looking at Skyler for support. 'How exactly am I going to do this?'

        Ruffnut accidentally shoved Tuffnut a bit too hard when they were doing one of those hurt each other things they do. Causing him to trip over on their dragons tail, his helmet fell off and rolled under the lifted foot of the Zippleback. Of course, the Zippleback didn't see the helmet and its sharp horns until it was too late. The dragon let out a roar of pain, making one head swing near Skyler's tail with gas, and the other ignited it.

        Skyler roared and jumped away from the painful flame explosion. You instinctively gripped onto the handhold of your saddle, and tightened your grip with your legs. Skyler then made a sharp U-turn and growled at the Zippleback, who is now helmet-free from shaking it off. 'Oh no...' Was all you manged to think before Skyler charged at Barf and Belch for singeing her tail. You manged to hang on as Skyler chased the Zippleback across the arena, making sharp maneuvers trying to get the best of it. She even followed the two headed dragon when it flew by scaling the ice spikes with her claws.

        The whole chase ended with Skyler surprising everyone when she literally tackled Barf and Belch out of the sky! When both dragons rolled across the ground in a bundle of limbs, it wasn't very pleasant for you when you we're crushed by their weight several times before they broke apart. Barf and Belch glared at Skyler before going back to their riders. Skyler held her head tall with pride, while you ran your fingers through your messed up hair unhappily. 

         Then Skyler decided that now was the best time to sit straight up. And you fell off her back with a loud thud because you were caught off guard. She turned and looked at you apologetically. While everyone laughed, but only Hiccup tried to mask his. You only huffed and sat up, brushing the hair out of your face. 

        "You okay?" Hiccup said from in front of you, reaching out a hand to help you up.

        "Yeah. How did I do?" You asked as you accepted the help and Hiccup pulled you up.

        "Well ... It might need a little work." He teased. You playfully pushed his arm.

        "Hey, I did alright. I only fell once!" You pointed out to Hiccup smiling. Then you caught a glance of Astrid glaring at you, which confused you but you shrugged it off.

        "Hey are just going to stand around, or we going to do something?" Snotlout piped up, boredom clearly laced in his voice.

~~~~~~~~( Time skip )~~~~~~~~

        You collapsed on your bed in exhaustion, face first. You heard Skyler flop down by the foot of your bed. Honestly, you found it always surprising that she manged to fit in the house. But the thought soon left you, and was replaced by the training that made you so tired. You roll over and look at the ceiling of the room as you recall what you had accomplished today.

        A couple of times, Hiccup had to run off and do something in the village. When he did, the others had decided to see how good you were at dodging on Skyler with whatever they threw at you with their dragons. But in all honestly, only the girls we're really doing that. While the boys looked like they were trying to show off their skills. Whenever Hiccup returned, he would yell at them for being so violent at you before they dove right back in. Which was mainly you running around chasing Toothless because they wanted to see what dragon taming skills you had. It was hard because of the others training on their own things up in the air around you. So you had to avoid fire and spines while chasing the Nightfury. All in all, after the whole day of training, you felt drained.

        You smirked as you turned to your side, beginning to drift to sleep. They're faces were priceless when you surprised them when not only had you been able to tame Toothless, but all of their dragons. You especially treasured the shocked, disbelieving expression on Astrid's face when Stormfly was tamed in a mere minute. Bringing a smile to your face, one that you fell asleep with. Sadly, it would not stay long.