Millie

Lara was dancing down the street happily, twirling and chattering rapidly.

"Tonight was perfect!" She exclaimed, throwing herself into Amelia's arms. Amelia laughed and pulled the tiny girl off her, holding into her arms.

"Lara, your acting like a love- sick teenager." Lottie teased. Lara giggled and skipped in a circle.

"I am a lovesick teenager!" She laughed.

I opened my arms out to her and she skipped over. I tucked her under my armas we walked to Daniel's car.

"I'll drive." Christina said, holding out her hand for the keys. Lottie fumbled around in her bag and handed them to her.

We loaded the rest of the stuff into the back and got in, Christina in the drivers seat, Lottie in the passenger side. Me behind Lottie and Amelia behind Christina, with Lara in between us. Christina reversed out of the parking lot and pulled into a side street, a shortcut to the boy's house.

I pulled out my phone  and connected it to the car's speakers, then pressed shuffle.

A familiar intro started up.

"Heck, yeah!" Amelia yelled.

We all grinned at each other, before launching into the first verse.

"She was up late to the daytime. She was movin' to the bass line. Big bubble little waistline, can't fit it all on the face time! She said you don't even know me! If it's real love, better show me. Cuz she don't plan on slowing down!"

We all grinned and laughed as we heard Zach's voice sing the pre-chorus before joining in.

"COME TO BRAZIL! MET HER LATE LAST NIGHT AT A PARTY IN THE HILLS! SHE TOLD ME HOW SHE LIKED MY VIBE AND I SAID THATS REAL! SAID SHE GOIN' HOME IN THE MORNING I SAID WELL, YOURE SO FINE I MIGHT.. COME GO BRAZIL!"

We all screamed and cheered, using imaginary microphones to sing along, yelling out the background lyrics.

When we finished, we blew kisses and waved to our imaginary fans, laughing and just being crazy.

"Man, I miss that. We always used to do that as kids." Amelia said, nudging Lottie who nodded wistfully.

"Oh, well. We have the rest of our lives to have karaoke nights together." Christina said, glancing back at us.

We all giggled and nodded, high on adrenaline and probably experiencing a sugar rush from all that food earlier.

Christina pulled onto a bridge, shifting into a lane with less cars.

There were Several signs around, cautioning us. There was roadworks on the middle lane. Christina swerved suddenly as a car pulled in front of us, almost totalling the headlight.

"Crap!" She cursed under her breath, easing her foot off the accelerator.

She braked again as a truck swerved out of its lane slightly.

I turned off the speaker. "Wow, the traffic is really bad. Christina remarked, turning her lead to peer out the window behind us.

At that second, the truck swerved, tipped sideways and skidded, crashing into the side of the bridge.

"CHRISTINA! LOOK OUT!" Lara screamed.

Christina slammed on the brakes, jerking the wheel sideways. The world turned upside down as our car flipped and slammed straight into the truck.