Zach

Lara got into the passenger seat and I reversed down the driveway.

She looked a little nervous. That makes two of us.

"Lara, you look so beautiful." I said.

She looked at me and blushed. "You really think so?" She asked, smoothing out the skirt of her dress.

I nodded.

She blinked twice, then looked out the window. "So, where are we going?" She asked, trailing her finger along the cold glass.

"Well.... were going to my parent's place. Your meeting my family." I said.

Lara turned to look at me. I saw panic flashing in her eyes. "Wait, what?! What do I say? How do I act? What if your mum doesn't like me? What if....." she trailed off and took a deep breath.

I reached over and squeezed her hand. "Don't worry. They will like you. I promise."

Lara nodded, but I could tell she was still anxious.

I pulled up to the apartment complex my family lived in and turned off the ignition.

I got out and walked around to Lara's side and opened the door for her.

I held out my hand and she took it. We walked to my parents' place in silence.

We got to the apartment and I knocked on the door. I peeked over at Lara. Her face was fixed in a calm expression, but I could feel her hands shaking.

The door opened and my mom smiled at us. "Hello guys! Come in!" She said, and stood back to let us past.

"You must be Lara!" Mom said, holding out her arms. Lara hugged her. "Yes. Thanks for inviting me over Mrs Herron." She said.

Mom laughed. "Oh, honey. Please call me Myta. This is Josh." She said, gesturing to my dad who had just walked in.

Lara held out her hand. "It's nice to meet you, sir." She said. Dad smiled. "Sorry, I'm a hugger." He said, pulling Lara in for a hug.

"Ok, let's go sit down!" Mom said, and took Lara's hand. She lead us into the dining room.

My siblings were already at the table.

"These are my other two, Ryan and Reese." Myta said, pointing at them.

"Hi guys." Lara said. Ryan smiled and nodded. "Hey." He said.

Reese was staring at Lara. "Mom, whose that?" She asked.

Myta smiled. "That's Lara, Zach's girlfriend." She said.

Reese nodded. "She looks like a princess!" Reese announced.

"Aww, thank you so much! You look very pretty too." Lara said. Reese grinned at her and Lara smiled back.

I pulled out Lara's chair for her and she sat down. I sat down next to her.

Once Lara got to know everyone, she seemed to relax.

She tasked with my mum about when me and my siblings were little, and laughed at my dad's jokes. She talked with Ryan about his new single and Lara and Reese discussed their favourite Disney movies.

After dinner, Lara helped clean up and then played dolls with Reese while the rest of us watched.

"Oh, Lara. I almost forgot. We got you something." Myta said, and held out a small box.

"It's nothing big, but we all got something for all of our kids for when they meet their soulmate." Myta said, handing a matching box to me.

Lara looked at me and I shrugged, then we opened our boxes together.

Inside was a ring for both of us. Lara covered her mouth with her hand. Tears welled up in head eyes.

"Do you like it?" My Mom asked anxiously. Lara looked up and a tear dropped down her cheek. "They're beautiful." She whispered.

She took it out of the box and put it on. I did the same.

"Thank you so much." Lara said, hugging my mum and then my dad.

"You're welcome, honey. Feel free to come over any time." She said.

We got out stuff and Lara hugged Ryan and Reese and promised to come over and play with them.

Half an hour later, we were sitting on the floor in my room. "It's so beautiful." Lara kept saying, stroking the sliver band on the index finger of her right hand.

Then she yawned. "I might have to go soon." She said a little sadly.

"Or... you could sleep over." I said. She looked at me and smiled. "Ok." She said.

Then she stood up. "Can I take a shower?" She asked. I nodded and showed her where to get the towels. Then I went into the kitchen to wait.

When I came back, she was sitting on my bed in her underwear and one of my shirts. Her hair was wet and hanging over her shoulders.

Something about seeing her with wet hair was so intimate.

She not me staring and blushed a little. "I couldn't find any shorts." She said, turning even brighter red.

"It's ok." I said. I got one of the pillows and a blanket and put them on the floor.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

I looked up. "Uh, I wasn't sure if you would want to share the bed..." I said, blushing too.

She shrugged. "Well, we are soulmates, so I guess it's ok." She said.

I smiled and climbed into bed with her. She snuggled over to me, with her back pressed against my chest.

"Goodnight Zachy." She said in a sleepy voice.

I kissed the top of her head.

"Goodnight, Princess." I answered.