Zach

I'm still awake. I checked my watch, it's 2:13 am. Lara is lying with her head on my chest and her leg over mine, clinging to me like a small child. Or a monkey. I don't think she'd react well to me calling her that.

She sighed softly, her warm, sweet breath drifting over my face. She curled up into a ball, tightening her grip. I lifted my hand and brushed her loose hair from her face.

"Are you still awake?" I whispered. She shook her head. "No." Lara said in a muffled voice, burying her face in the crook of my shoulder. Then she rolled over, propping herself on her elbows.

"Zachy? Why do you think we are given soulmates?" She asked. I turned to the side so I was looking at her.

"I don't know. I think that maybe it's because you can't be complete without your other half. Maybe it's for procreation. Maybe just so we can have someone to call our own." I said, moving closer to her.

She frowned. "But what if your soulmate isn't the right one? How do you tell?" She asked.

"I don't know. I guess you just have to trust each other." I said.

She nodded, as if what I said made sense to her. It didn't even make sense to me.

"I trust you." She said and lay back down, rolling up into a tight ball. I hesitated, then pulled her to my chest. She willingly crawled over and hugged me.

We watched in silence as the sky slowly turned from inky- black to rose pink.

"We have to wake the girls. We have always wanted to watch the sunrise together." Lara said finally, kissing my cheek and wriggling out of my arms. She shivered in the cold morning air, but went and woke up the girls, while I woke up the boys.

"Nooooo!" Amelia wailed, rolling over and pulling her jacket over her head.

"Go away!" Jack added, pulling the blanket back over them and closing his eyes.

After we woke everyone up we all sat together on the blankets and watch the sun come up.

I think that a little more description of the sunrise would have been nice, but I couldn't stop staring at Lara. She was so beautiful. Not just her face, her personality, the way she didn't care what anyone thought, the maternal way she protects her friends, the way she laughs loudly and unashamed, the way she just loves every part of life.

She turned her head and saw me staring. "WHAT!" she yelled, wriggling away.

I pulled her back to my chest. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." Lara replied instantly. She brought her lips to mine for a moment, then stood up.

"Let's go get bubble tea!" She said, pulling my hands. I shook my head as I got up.

"Babe, we cant have bubble tea for breakfast." I said.

She stopped and looked at me. "Did you just call me babe?" She asked.

I blushed. "Uh, yeah. I mean, I can stop if you want me too..." I stuttered.

She laughed and hugged me. "It's fine babe." She said and started packing everything up.

Jack rolled his eyes as he walked past. "You guys are such dorks." He teased, play-punching my arm.

I jabbed him in the ribs and he tackled me.

"Ugh, someone get the kids." Lottie said, rolling her eyes. Daniel put an arm around her waist and pulled her away.

We packed up the stuff and left.

We ended up getting bubble tea, just because Lara wouldn't stop complaining.

"Try it." She encouraged me, passing me her tea. I took a sip and screwed up my face as the boba slipped down my throat. Lara cracked up and took a picture of me, setting it as her lock screen.

I pulled out my phone and turned it at her. She crossed her eyes and made fish lips. We spent the whole car ride taking stupid pictures of each other.

Lottie leaned back and waved her hand in front of Lara's face. "Yo, twatcake, are you listening?" She asked, a little impatiently.

Lara giggled. "That's a new one. I'll have to add it to the list." She said, putting her phone away.

"So yeah, what's up?" She asked.

"All of us girls are gonna go hang out later. Wanna come?" She said, giving Lara a pointed look, that I missed the meaning behind.

Lara cottoned on and nodded, saying. "Yeah, sure. Nows good."

I nudged Lara. "what was that all about, Cruisey?" I asked, making a new nickname for her.

She shrugged. "Just some girl stuff. You wouldn't want to know." She said, waving her hand dismissively.

I nodded, even though I did want to know, and leaned my head on Lara's shoulder. She immediately wrapped her arms around my chest, pulling me closer. She lay her head against mine. "You smell so good." She whispered and giggled.

I laughed with her.

The car pulled up to the girl's apartment and the girls all climbed out.

I frowned as she let go of me and got out. She smiled and gave me a lingering kiss. "I promise I'll see you tonight baby. I love you." She said, smiling.

I blew her a kiss as everyone else said goodbye.

Jonah leaned back against the seat and sighed. "Wow. I can't believe I finally found her." He said, smiling at the roof.

"Yeah, it's kinda crazy. Who would've thought that our soulmate's would already know each other?" Daniel added.

"Well, we better head off. We have a long night ahead of us." Jack said. Corbyn smacked him and said. "Shh!"

"Oops." Jack muttered.

"Wait, what's happening tonight?" I asked. The boys all answered at once.

"Movie night!"

"Sleepover!"

"Video game competition!"

"Guys, shut up!"

"Uh, yeah... movie night." Jack finally said. The boys all nodded.

I looked at them all suspiciously. "O....kay?"

What's happening tonight?

................................

Hello loves!

Just wanted to thank you fall for 1K reads on this book! I love you all so much, thanks for sticking with me even though my writing is crap! Uh, so...

The next few chapters might get a little boring but I promise I have a plan for what's to come.

Love you guyssssssssssss