"Look, I tried to tell you he was no good for you. Chase did, Zoey did, everyone else that I currently can't think of."

"I don't need a lecture nor do I want one Cami!" I said in between sobs.

"You just need to know that he's not good for you."

"I already knew he wasn't."

"If you knew then why did you bother with him? And dating him for a month and keeping it a secret from us, especially from me. Me! Of all people! What happened to me being the one you vent to about boys?"

"Cami, this is different. He's different."

"Fine. I guess I don't understand. But I know this, you're in for it if you ever go back to him. And now that Chase doesn't wanna even associate with you, that scares me because I never pictured that being a reality. You and him were closer than him and I ever were. Why could I see it but you couldn't?"

"What do you mean? He cares about you too."

"Not as much as he cares about you. I can see it in his eyes."

"Are you talking about more than just a friend? Because that is not true he loves Zoey!"

"Figure it out dumbfuck!" Cami yelled and walked away.

Figure it out? What is there to figure out?

               Later That Evening

I had some studying to catch up on so I went to the lounge to find a familiar curly haired guy. Chase. I stood there contemplating if I should even try to convince him I was the least bit sorry. But I figured, what is the use of he hates me now. I walked past him to let him know of my presence, and that I wasn't scared in even the smallest amount to take anything he had to say to me. After having my heart thrown to the floor by Logan and losing Chase, I sure could tolerate the pain by now.

Sure enough, the blue eyed nerd I grew to love came up to me.

"Hey!" He stated. "I, I'm sorry I acted the way I did. Can we go somewhere more secluded to talk?"

Wow, that was easier than I thought. Here I thought getting his attention was gonna be prohibitive. But I was corrected by his approach. I was filled with curiosity on what he had to say, and relief that he was talking to me right now.

"Sure." I replied softly.

We went to mine and Cami's dorm room since Cami was with Lola at the mall. She left to get away from me knowing I'd be bitching at her for everything if she even attempted talking to me. Cami knew when I needed my space. Chase gestured me to sit on my bed so I did as he asked and let him speak his mind. He stood there thinking how to put his words into a way I'd understand. I could tell by his facial expression. His eyebrows would furrow and he would blink a couple times and pace the floor before he spoke when it was something serious inhabiting his mind.

"You wanna know the reason I got so upset?" He asked me.

"What is it?"

"First of all, I'm really sorry for just walking out. But the news was really shocking towards me. I've been doing a lot of thinking since I did that and I know now why I acted the way I did. I know why I'm so protective over you especially with Logan. I don't know if you noticed, but you know how I get when guys talk to you."

"I know, you're just trying to protect me so I don't get my heart broken."

"No Cataleya, I mean yes, yes I do act that way for that reason. But-"

"Cami's gonna be back soon."

I urged Chase to make his words quick.

"Cat, I know the way I acted was kind of uncalled for."

"More like extremely uncalled for." I interrupted.

"The point is, I get it. You like Logan maybe more than I'll ever know. Nor do I understand why you like him. He has his good moments but seriously why him?"

"Chase what do you need to tell me?"

"I can't tell you how many times I thought about this moment. Because I didn't wanna lose you as a best friend."

"Chase, you could never lose me."

"Yes I can."

"No you can't. Why would you ever think that you would lose me?"

"Because I love you!"

...