CHAPTER SEVEN

"You heard me." Chase said as he went over to the nurse's desk.

"Well, I'm leaving now cuz I only came here to support Chase."

I scoffed at Lola who said that rude comment as she walked out avoiding my confrontation.

"She's just not happy about how you treated Quinn and to be honest, I'm not either. But I'm not gonna sink down to her level and treat you the way she does. Besides, you went to apologize to Quinn. Thank you."

"No problem but did she know what was gonna happen to me after I ingested that cookie?"

"The Fig Tooter?"

"Please don't say Fig Tooter."

"Sorry but I don't think she was aware. Something she creates always gives side effects. She isn't usually aware."

"But isn't she the smartest girl that goes here?"

"She is but she isn't always the sharpest tool in the shed."

"I heard that!" A voice said from the doorway.

It was Quinn. Uh oh. Busted!

"I'm sorry about what happened to your I hope you're feeling better and to answer your question, no I didn't know it was going to do that to you. I thought I actually had the cookie made right this time. But I'm sorry that it happened."

"How long have you been standing there?" Zoey asked the braided girl.

"About two minutes and three point five seconds."

"To be exact?" I asked.

"Yes to be exact."

Chase came back over with a nurse at his side. The lady didn't even look like a nurse. I was kinda hesitant because of how she looked. She was oddly tall with blonde wavy hair.

"Give me your hand." She said.

"But I-"

"Give me your hand!" She shouted aggressively.

"Okay!" Without delay, I held out my hand.

The lady who I wasn't even so sure if she was a nurse anymore checked my vitals and then examined my tongue.

"You're free to go." She stated.

The three of us bustled out of there before we could even let her scare us a second time. When we were further down the hall, Chase explained she always had an aggressive attitude like that. She was a very high quality trained nurse, apparently she was previously a drill sergeant who then entered the nursing career. She then entered here after quitting her career as a sergeant. Apparently she was also a karate teacher which I believed because she seemed like she was the type of person to know karate. What a life that must be.

Chase, Zoey, and I made it to the girl's lounge where Michael, Lola, and Logan were hogging the purple polka dotted sofa. Oh God, must Logan be here? I could feel my face starting to boil.

"Hey guys, guess where Logan invited to take us?" Michael abruptly hollered at us.

"I don't know, where?" Zoey asked.

"A club called Rumble Jungle."

"Only the best club in town. But we have to go after classes." Logan chimed in.

"My last class be ending at 5p.m." Michael told him.

"Mine ends at 3." Lola said.

"Mine too." Zoey added.