Chapter 45, June 19th- June 24th

This chapter has multiple days in it. I know that's unusual for my style, but it will make sense. Also, I included photos of my actual diary entries because you guys said you liked when I have included them in the past.

June 19th

I sat cross-legged on my bed and vigorously picked at my cuticles. My eyes stayed glued to my phone, and I couldn't shift my focus if my life depended on it.

Miller had left for his program four days ago, and I hadn't heard from him since he left. I spent the first day that he was gone trying to be understanding that he was busy settling in and meeting people. I spent the second day with the same mentality. By the third day, I was texting him every hour. Now, I felt as though I was borderline harassing him. Each time my phone would buzz, I would pick it up instantly. It was never him, so I would ignore whoever was trying to call me.

I ran my fingers through my hair and felt my body shake a bit. My stomach rumbled loudly, and I realized that I was hungry. I couldn't remember the last time I had a meal, honestly. I stood up slowly and made sure my phone was on loud before heading downstairs; I didn't want to miss his call.

"Rachel!" I heard Samantha call me from her room the moment my bedroom door opened.

"Yeah?" I tried not to sound too annoyed.

Samantha hurried out of her room to meet me at the top of the staircase. She wore a pink sundress, and her hair was in a braid.

"Do you want to play a game?" She smiled up at me.

"Not really, Samantha," I huffed and rubbed my eyes. I had a blinding headache, and the lights in my room had been off for days to accommodate.

"Oh, okay. Well, do you want to watch a movie?"

I sighed and took a deep breath. I felt so annoyed, and I didn't know why, but I just wanted to be alone. I felt so guilty for feeling bothered by her and had no idea why I started feeling this way.

"I'm just not feeling well today," I turned to look at her, "can we watch a movie tomorrow?"

"You said that yesterday," Samantha looked sad and crossed her arms.

"I did?" I rubbed the back of my neck. I didn't even remember seeing Samantha yesterday.

"Mhm! You said that you felt sick and that you promised tomorrow you would feel better. Well, it's tomorrow," her blue eyes widened as she talked to me.

"Alright, I hear you," I sighed, "let me get something to eat, and then we can watch a movie, okay?"

"Okay!" A huge smile instantly grew across her face.

I forced a smile back and then walked down the stairs.

I entered the kitchen and looked around for my Mom.

"Mom?" I yelled as I walked around the first floor. I peered out the window to the driveway and saw that her car was gone. I looked at my phone to check the time and saw that it was 3:30, so my Mom was at work.

"What the hell," I whispered to myself and shook my head. I thought it was the morning. I felt like I had no sense of time anymore.

I wandered into the kitchen and pulled out a box of cereal. I placed it on the counter and opened the refrigerator door to pull out the milk. My phone beeped and vibrated loudly against the table, causing me to jump.

I quickly picked up my phone and saw a text from Miller.

My whole body got hot, and I tried to type in my passcode as quickly as possible to read his message: