Chapter 33- March 30th

March 30th

Miller and I walked through the halls of our high school holding hands, being stopped every few seconds by someone wanting to wish Miller a Happy Birthday. I was beaming and this day wasn't even about me, I was just excited to be part of his Birthday. Once we were out of the sea of well-wishers, I stopped walking and took a deep breath, nervous about giving him his present.

"I got something for you," I said and pulled a neatly wrapped box out of my backpack, "I really hope you like it." I placed the box in his hands.

"Thank you so much," he smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

My stomach turned as I watched him slowly tear the wrapping paper.

"I hope you like it! If not, you can return it. Or, you can get store credit..." I rambled until he opened the box, revealing the silver watch I had bought for him.

He smiled and slid it on his wrist.

"I love it, and I'm not returning it." He winked at me. He looked down at the watch again, "It's perfect."

I let out a sigh of relief as he put his arm around me.

"Yo!"

Miller and I turned around to see Jase walking towards us.

"Happy birthday, man," he said and bumped fists with Miller.

 "What are we doing for your Birthday? Please, tell me we are doing something fun. Basketball practice has been kicking my ass, and this snow makes everyone antisocial as hell. I'm starting to forget what girls look like, it's depressing," Jase joked.

I laughed aloud but tried to contain most of it. Jase was funny; I couldn't pretend that he wasn't.

"It's Friday, man. We're gonna party! I'll invite lots of people and do my best to help you remember what girls look like," Miller joked back and nudged Jase with his elbow.

"Thank you, Lord." Jase put his hands together and looked at the ceiling dramatically.

Miller and I laughed as Jase walked away. I was relieved that they had become friends again after Miller got mad at him for hitting on me. Even though, Jase never did, but still. It was months ago and I was just happy they had moved on.

"See you later, gorgeous," Miller kissed me before we headed our separate ways for class.

I stared at the clock for the rest of the day, excited for tonight's party.

The day seemed to drag on slowly, but before I knew it, I was home getting ready for Miller's big night. After shaving every inch of my body, curling my hair, and piling on the makeup, I started to feel presentable.

I pulled out a pair of ripped jeans and pulled them over my legs.

"Again?" I talked to myself as I realized they were too big on me. This was so weird, and I had no idea why this kept happening. I dug through my messy closet and pulled out a belt. I ran the belt through the loops on my jeans, securing them in place.

"Perfect."

I put on a black crop top with lace sleeves and rammed my feet into short, black booties. A loud honk came from outside as I checked my outfit in the mirror.

"Rachel, your loud friends are here!" Samantha yelled across the hallway.

I smiled and walked to her room.

Samantha was sitting on her pink carpet, cross-legged with her eyes closed.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled and sat next to her.