Mirror

Note: I have to honor the tradition of something good happening in chapter 11 but I can't guarantee there won't also be something bad...

Today was a great day for Lexa for 2 big reasons. The first is that she is finally finished with concussion protocol, meaning she is able to do everything she used to before she was hit by the car, and the second thing is that today was day 1 in the national spelling Bee where Aden would be competing for a $50,000 cash prize if he makes it to the finals. The competition lasts for a work week and people get eliminated up until the final round which is this Friday. Lexa was sad she wasn't able to go to DC, where the competition was taking place, but everyone at the station planned on watching the competition every night to cheer on Aden.

The competition is being broadcasted on ESPN at 8:00 pm tonight but it's only 4:00 right now which left Lexa pretty bored. Lexa was laying upside down on the couch in the living room, when Clarke walked in.

"Lexa what are you doing?" Clarke giggled, watching Lexa as she hung there upside down.

"Oh you know, just hanging out." Lexa said, pulling herself up and sitting on the couch normally now.

"Mind if I join you?" Clarke asked, walking towards the couch and Lexa just patted the spot next to her on the couch.

"I have a question but it's a little bit personal, so you don't have to answer if you don't want to." Clarke explained, looking Lexa in the eyes.

"It's ok Clarke, I'm up for any question you've got. Hit me."

Clarke's face was getting a bit red and she whispered the question in Lexa's ear. "Are you and Bellamy a thing?"

As soon as Clarke asked, Lexa started laughing, and she had to clutch her stomach she was laughing so hard. Lexa continued laughing for another minute or so before she realized Clarke's expression had remained serious and she wasn't joking. Lexa re-composed herself and looked into Clarke's eyes which were still serious.

"Oh my god Clarke I'm sorry I thought you were joking." Lexa explained quickly, now feeling bad for laughing. "Clarke I'm like...SUPER gay."

Clarke's face turned an even darker shade of red, and she quickly broke eye contact with Lexa to look down at the ground. "Oh." Is all she said, avoiding Lexa's now curious stare that was somehow penetrating through her soul.

"Yeah. I'm sorry Clarke, I thought you knew because of Costia." Lexa explained, now placing a hand on Clarke's knee.

"Ohh Costia yeah that's right." Clarke mumbled, now staring at the hand Lexa had on her knee. "I should really listen closely to what people are saying more."

"It's ok Clarke, it's a good question, although me and Bellamy rarely talk so I'm wondering where you even got that idea."

"Well I just figured you guys are both pretty hot so-" Clarke quickly stopped herself but it was too late.

"Wait a second, I'm hot?" Lexa asked, and Clarke finally looked Lexa in the eyes again.

"Oh come on Lexa, you know you are hot."

"Um...nope, I didn't know that." Lexa said honestly, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't believe you."

Clarke couldn't believe Lexa didn't know, unable to contain herself Clarke stood up from the couch and yelled out to the entire station. "Hey everyone group poll! Is Lexa hot?!"

The entire station filled with people yelling "yes!", and "hell yeah" and "like a fire", which now caused Lexa to be the one blushing.

"Oh." Lexa said simply, standing up from the couch.