Surprise

Lexa couldn't see Clarke today. She couldn't be around her so she did the only thing she could think of and took the next few days off. She needed a distraction, and it only took one not well thought out Idea for Lexa to pack her bags and get a taxi to the airport.

Lexa was going to DC to watch Aden compete in the spelling Bee. There are only two people in this world that are able to break down Lexa's walls so quickly. The first was Clarke, but obviously they weren't on good terms right now after Clarke left her the way she did, and the second was Aden. What better use of her time could she have, then going to surprise Aden.

Lexa bought an airplane ticket and got on the plane, getting ready to fly all the way across the country. She thought she saw a text notification before they took off but she had to turn her phone off so she didn't check it. Lexa relaxed into the airplane seat and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Lexa woke up and the plane had just landed. She grabbed her things and got off the plane, calling a cab to take her to the hotel. She had contacted Aden's mom right before getting on the plane and she helped Lexa find a hotel and a ticket to the spelling bee to surprise Aden.

When she got to the hotel, Lexa got all set up in her room, and then went to a gift shop to grab a present for Aden. That's where she saw a small snow globe, with a big bee in the center.

"Perfect." Lexa said out loud, walking over to the cashier and paying for the gift. She then made her way through the hotel to the room Aden and his mom were staying in, and she knocked lightly on the door. Aden answered it and his eyes widened when he saw Lexa standing there. "Lexa!" Aden yelled, jumping up into Lexa's arms and wrapping her in a huge hug. Lexa nearly dropped the snow globe, but was just able to hold on.

"Hey buddy." Lexa greeted the boy, and then pulled away from the hug.

"What are you doing here?" Aden asked, and Lexa could see the excitement in his eyes.

"I had some free time and I couldn't waste it back in California because I wanted to come see you." Lexa explained. "Also I got you a gift for the spelling bee." Lexa handed Aden the snow globe, and his face lit up. Aden shook it in his hands, and smiled as he watched the snow fall onto the big bee.

"What do you say Aden?" A voice from behind him called out and Lexa recognized it was his mom.

"Thank you Lexa." The boy said, pulling Lexa into another hug. Lexa's plan was perfect. She was distracted from Clarke and wasn't thinking about her at all. Well actually technically she is right now. But she's actually just thinking about not thinking about Clarke so that probably doesn't count.

"Ok guys, who wants to go to the spelling bee?" Aden's mom calls outs, and both Aden and Lexa raised their hands like excited children.

The three of them left the hotel and went to the spelling Bee. Aden did fantastic and advanced to final round as the youngest contestant, and the three went out to celebrate with ice cream after.

———————-
Meanwhile back in California:

"Hi commander Grey this is Clarke, I was just wondering if Lexa told you where she was going for her vacation days." Clarke asked over the phone.

"I think she said something about a Bee whatever that means."

"Thank you so much sir." Clarke said, handing up the phone.

Everyone had gathered around in the living room, to await news Clarke might have found on Lexa.

"Guys I think she's at the spelling bee." Clarke explained. "I'm going to find Lexa, she left because I hurt her and I need to go apologize."