XIII

renjun:
fine 😔
i'll see you later then :)

jeno:
dont go...
(!) Message not delivered
idk whats going on bc im suddenly clingy???
(!) Message not delivered
im never clingy... well not since HIM
(!) Message not delivered
okay
bye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm still mad." Renjun grumbled, walking down from the terrace to where the backstage area was.

"You're so dramatic, they literally got second place." Ten rolled his eyes, causing Renjun to sigh.

"I wanted them to win first place." He sulked, walking down the stairs and placing Bo down on the floor, the younger grabbing the edge of Renjun's sweater. Getting closer to where the boys were backstage after the results, Renjun jumped slightly at the contact of a hand on his shoulder.

"Trust me, I wanted them to win first place too." Turning around to see who had spoken, Renjun wasn't surprised to see Jeno smiling brightly at him.

"Hyungie!" Bo chimed out, racing toward where Jeno was and hugging his legs. Jeno only smiled at the younger boy, crouching down to place a chaste kiss on his head and standing back up afterwards. Jeno gave him a bright smile, holding one of Bo's hands while the little boy's other hand held Renjun's hand.

"So are you happy or...?" Ten trailed off, seeing Jeno join them at the backstage area. Renjun also looked at Jeno, wondering what his response would be.

"I'm glad we passed to the next round which is in like 3 months, but I'm also bummed we didn't get first. But I'll take second any day, honestly." Jeno chuckled, seeing Renjun nod in agreement with him. They moved inside the backstage room, chatting with the others while Lucas and YangYang faltered behind the slightest bit to talk.

"Bro I don't think Jeno's into Renjun. Just shoot your shot." YangYang whispered enough for Lucas to hear.

"Do you not see how close they are?" Lucas sulked a bit, seeing Renjun and Jeno talk with Ten as well. YangYang was getting a little fed up with Lucas. He really wondered if Lucas was blind or just jealous.

"I know Jun better than anybody. Besides, Renjun is all close with Jaemin too. The kid always teases him and pinches his cheeks, yet they aren't dating. So what's up with Jeno?" YangYang asked him. Lucas sighed and shrugged.

"I'm overthinking everything, aren't I..." Lucas sighed.

"Basically. I know how you get. So just, I don't know, ask him out soon?" YangYang said, hearing Lucas sigh yet again.

"I'll try. Not right now though. Dery and I have a freaking class tomorrow at 8 and the commute from my house takes like half an hour so I needa head home." Lucas sighed, checking his watch. It had grown quite late and turned to 8 pm already. He was a little tired yet glad that he came today. He had fun and met some new people like Jaemin and... Jeno.

Lucas thought it might have just been him, but he found it awkward when meeting Jeno. It seemed like a weird time and how Renjun looked happy to introduce Jeno to him. Lucas felt as if he was meeting Renjun's boyfriend for the first time.

Though, he was just exaggerating it a little bit.

"Lucas! You wanna join us for hot pot?" He heard Renjun say, seeing Jeno go away somewhere.