Chapter 23

I managed to calm myself down just as Lily walked into my room asking if I was ready to go. I tied a bow at the back of my calves, my silky, black, chunky heels were the perfect contrast to my already sultry look. I fluffed up my curls and threw them over my shoulder. "Ready" I declared giving her a smile. She looked my body over and if her giant grin didn't give her away, her sparkling eyes did, "You look like you want someone to fuck you Frey, good job" Lily winked at me and I froze. Did I look different? Could she tell that something sexually had changed in me or was she just complimenting me on the look that I was aspiring to go with? I looked Lily over, her silver silky dress, loose enough to only cling to her chest but short enough to be extremely sexy and alluring. The skinny straps helped the material curve in at her chest giving it the illusion of a bigger chest, not that Lily needed it, and her glittered stiletto heels helped her legs look toned and long, "You too" I returned her wink and grabbed her arm leading her out of the room, "now lets go get drunk! Happy birthday celebration to me!"

"Not too drunk" Jesse said from behind us and I jumped at the sound of his voice. His smile wicked and eyes filled with lust as he looked over my body, his eyes coming to focus on my heels and then making their way to my lips and I watched breathlessly as his bottom lip was drawn between his teeth. My body tensed and all I wanted to do in that moment was jump him, drag him back into the bathroom and let him have his way with me. Instead, I tilted my head and said, "Well why not, dad? I can get as drunk as I'd like since we are in fact celebrating my birthday and me being single" His mouth tightened into a straight line and I could see warning in his eyes.

"Don't worry" Lily stepped in, "I won't get too drunk, but Freya can do what she pleases. She deserves it. And plus, it's not like we're driving! You're going to be driving and you said you were going to stay to keep and eye on us anyway, make sure we didn't get roofied and what not right? So what's the big deal?" "What!" My voice came out as more of a squeak and my eyes flew back and forth between Lily and Jesse, confusion and anger making their way through my veins.

"Did Lily forget to mention that?" His wicked smile returned and I could see the satisfaction all over his face, "I'm staying at the club, part of our agreement" and just like that he breezed past us, making his way downstairs. "Coming?" Jesse called over his shoulder and I took in a giant breath growling. He is getting on my last nerves! "He won't bother us" Lily shrugged my shoulder, "he's just being protective. Come on. We're going to have an amazing time!" I shook off my agitation and gave her a smile. We made our way down the stairs and out to the car and just as I was getting into the car Jesse smacked my ass, my little jump only made him smile more and made my agitation grow.

We were nothing. We weren't even friends. Yet our little encounter in the bathroom had me all twisted up inside and although his possessiveness was aggravating as hell, I couldn't help feeling safe, turned on beyond words....loved.

...

That night was one of the best nights of my life and it is truly something that I will never forget. Lily and I managed to make it into club without even a second glance of our fake ID's and I will forever give credit to our outfits. Jesse kept to his word and stayed the whole night to keep an eye on us and although I felt his eyes on me the whole time, he kept his distance and watched me dance with multiple guys and down several drinks. Lily actually was the one to get plastered that night, while I remained tipsy, downing water in between each drink. When the night ended, we were completely drenched in sweat, covered in other people's spilled drinks and giggling out of our minds, Jesse carried us- yes, both of us, his muscles aren't just for show- to bed and left water and Aspirin . Before leaving my dark quiet room he whispered something I couldn't interpret, my ears still ringing from the bass of the music, and kissed my forehead before leaving.